Trade question - New to the site. Thanks! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade question - New to the site. Thanks!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade question - New to the site. Thanks!

Postby sknflutes » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:03 am

PPR League

Have Rivers & Fitz.( start 1) Have CJ, Forte, and Benson. (start 2)

What do you think about sending Fitz and CJ for Eli and Fred Jax.

or, Fitz and CJ for Flacco and Best.

And would you even trade CJ? Don't know about this guy. Seems like if I had Rivers, Forte & Best, or Rivers, Forte & Best would be a better option.

Thanks again guys.
sknflutes
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade question - New to the site. Thanks!

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi there and welcome to the Cafe! Great to see a new face 'round these parts ;-D

As for your deals, there's NO chance I'd make any of those moves. Don't participate in any sell-low deals on CJ at this point - I have no problem with moving him if you can either get "fair" market value or wait till he blows up some week and then do so, but in the meantime don't buy high on FJax or overpay for Best and take a crummy downgrade at QB. I think you'll be better in the long run with Rivers/Fitz and the best two of CJ, Forte and Benson. Just make sure you have some depth behind them if Benson is suspended and/or Johnson needs more time to get untracked ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:52 pm

I agree, you cant trade a talent like CJ when he's played as poorly as he has, you're not going to get fair value for him. I'm not sure why you're shopping, Rivers and Fitz are great QB's and CJ/Forte are a great combo. Just give CJ a little longer, you cant get fair value for him.

Think about it like this, if CJ was playing like he has the past few years. Do you think Best or Fred Jackson is fair value for CJ?
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby sknflutes » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:00 am

Yeah I get it. Those were just my only trade options as these two teams are the only two that could use an upgrade at QB. I can only start one QB so thought if I could start Rivers every week and get something for Fitz, like a Best or Fred Jax then maybe that would be an upgrade at RB since CJ has just been tanking it. I know it's early so maybe I am jumping the gun on CJ. That was my concern on CJ so I'll just hold off and bet on the come. Thanks guys.
sknflutes
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:41 am

Get a wr upgrade, of do a fitz for a best straight up. I just wouldn't try to move cj now as you aren't going to get good value for him.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions