Newbie strategy question, WHIR (if I have any idea how to) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Newbie strategy question, WHIR (if I have any idea how to)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Newbie strategy question, WHIR (if I have any idea how to)

Postby BeastQuake » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm playing in a 2 QB league and am playing against Hasselbeck and Freeman this week. I have N. Washington and Mike Williams and could start either of them in my flex.

Is it a good idea to "handcuff" his QB by playing his #1-2 reciever, or should I avoid that so I'm not tied to them if they have a bad performance. My other legitimate flex options are Grant and Aaron Hernandez if they're healthy, or maybe Mike Thomas or Kendal Hunter.

I've never run into this before, is there a strategy that's pretty much known that people go by? Thanks!

Edit: My flex is a RB/WR/TE flex which is why Hernandez is an option, my starting TE is Pettigrew.

Argh, Edit #2: This is PPR but only .25 per reception.
BeastQuake
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Newbie strategy question, WHIR (if I have any idea how t

Postby lurchdr » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:32 pm

Ive never played a 2 QB league but i dont think handcuffing in that sense is a great move, although some may disagree. You should always start whomever you feel is gonna get you the most points regardless of what the other guy is doing.

Besides that i like both of those options for a flex, think Mike Williams is bound to do something against a shitty Indy team.
lurchdr
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby cutiepie80 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Mike Williams will have his coming out party this week.

please help with mine.
viewtopic.php?t=500059
cutiepie80
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BeastQuake » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:53 pm

Thanks guys. Williams/Freeman have been dissapointing so I'm hesitant about this week. Not that Indy's D is good, but they do have two amazing outside pass rushers. But I think he might be my best option.

I was thinking that if I just start who I think will get the most points, there's huge uncertainty. But if I start guys that my oponent throws to, each pass/catch gives me a bigger lead (both through ppr and greater rewards for yards/TDs) and I can know that if my guy didn't have a good day, his probably didn't either. Also, if his guy went off, my guy probably had a big part in it, negating his potential to beat me.

Anyway like I said, I haven't done this before, so if I'm just talking giberish let me know.
BeastQuake
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Who to Start/Bench