Week 4... Need help Sit Start off my bench - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 4... Need help Sit Start off my bench

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 4... Need help Sit Start off my bench

Postby Jared Politi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Hello all.. 0-3 in my league right now... made some bad calls, and some bad luck.. 4th in scoring but im in 8th out of 8 =/ Can you help?

Starting now:
QB - Joe Flacco
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Mike Wallace
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - Ryan Mathews
TE - Fred Davis
W/R/T - Matt Forte
W/R/T - Devrey Henderson
W/R/T - Chris Johnson (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

Bench:
WR - Denarius Moore
WR - A.J. Green
WR - Jordy Nelson
WR - Anquan Boldin
WR - Santonio Holmes
WR - Mike Thomas
WR - Nate Burleson
QB - Eli Manning

We are in a standard scoring, 8 man league. No return yards, td's net 6 points, 1 point per 10 yards rushing, 1 point per 10 yards recieving, 1 point per 15 yards passing... etc.
Jared Politi
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 4... Need help Sit Start off my bench

Postby Jared Politi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:56 pm

I also have Hanson (K), Detroit (Def), D'Qwell (Dp), Sean Lee (Dp), Pat Angerer (Dp). But I am prety set on that...
Jared Politi
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dawson94 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:06 pm

First off, I would start someone other than Devery. You have some good back ups.

I would also seriously consider trading for another RB. You have a lot of very trade-able WRs (which is good!). If you can, trade a couple of them to get the best RB you can (but don't get yourself cheated on a deal). You don't have any back up RBs, and Ryan Mathews wouldn't be bad to have on your bench.
dawson94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 33)

Postby Jared Politi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:26 pm

been trying to trade... people are reluctant to bite, or reluctant to throw out resonable counter offers... Mostly my fault probably for being to consurvative with my offers.

Anyone else have advice?
Jared Politi
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby K0wned » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:32 pm

I would start Boldin over Devery. Other then that your team looks fine. Just wait on CJ2K to pick it up. Just advice in general, is make sure you draft a decent QB and TE. It's not good when you have to start Flacco or Eli. Fred Davis we will see i guess.

Help?
viewtopic.php?t=500150
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jared Politi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 pm

K0wned wrote:I would start Boldin over Devery. Other then that your team looks fine. Just wait on CJ2K to pick it up. Just advice in general, is make sure you draft a decent QB and TE. It's not good when you have to start Flacco or Eli. Fred Davis we will see i guess.

Help?
viewtopic.php?t=500150

Drafted ben... but in our league hes killing me... had to make a change at 0-3. And I drafted gronk... lol but a bonehead decision made me swap him with pettigrew so id have a solo te. Thanks played out great... :-t lol
Jared Politi
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:08 pm

I would start Holmes, Boldin and probably A.J. Green over Henderson. I would put Henderson at the bottom of the list of your WW. I know Holmes is not seeing the ball but if the Jets want to win they are going to have to figure out a way to get it to him.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby cubanrob19 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:20 am

I also agree that you have some better recievers than Devery ... but with the depth there, I would just make sure to play the match ups each week.

also, look around your league to find someone that is week in WR depth and offer up a trade of 2 of your mid-level receivers for maybe a good RB.

best of luck!
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jblaze102 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:07 am

I would play Eli over Flacco. Arizona lets QB's abuse them. They are some kind of sadomasochistic team. Not to mention Eli has all his weapons back this week. Hakeen Nicks, Manningham returns, and now Victor Cruz from out of nowhere. Eli would have to be a paraplegic to not have a good day. (No offense to any paraplegics out there)

Play all four of those RB's. Even Chris Johnson. One of these days CJ2K is gonna wake up and remember who he is and have a game like no other. You'll want to be there when it happens. I would consider getting an additional tight end. I wouldn't want to have to rely on Fred Davis all year long. Check the waiver wire for Scott Chandler. Everyone here is right don't play Devery Henderson. He was only a product of injuries to Colston and Lance Moore. Now that they are both back he will revert back to his 5 points a game play-style. Obviously you'll want to keep in Vincent Jackson and Mike Wallace. For a FLEX receiver I'm gonna have to say.... Denarious Moore with A.J. Green in a close second.
jblaze102
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Return to Who to Start/Bench