Clark/Tolbert: Is there a trade to make here? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Clark/Tolbert: Is there a trade to make here?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Clark/Tolbert: Is there a trade to make here?

Postby ramble2 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:20 pm

My team has been awesome, thanks in part to great advice from the Cafe. I'm looking for more good advice.

I have a team in my league inquiring about Tolbert. He's now my 3rd RB, behind McFadden and Mathews. I like having both Tolbert & Mathews, and playing the hot hand. I also have Scott (against IND) to fill in during SD's bye week. Mathews looks like he may have staked a claim to the #1 role in SD, and I would consider moving Tolbert if it improved my team. Especially if it moved value from my bench into a starting spot.

Do you see any trades I might make with the other team? He's offered Roethlisberger or GB DEF for Tolbert, but neither hold much attraction for me. What about packaging Tolbert with Clark and getting back Graham plus someone?

Take note: We are also an IDP league. He's got two extra players on the bench because he's got two open IDP spots. He's got to fill these before Sunday, which means he'll have to drop two players.

12 team league; non-PPR; start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, W/R, TE, K, DEF, 3xIDP

QB: Stafford, Bradford
RB: McFadden, Mathews, Tolbert, B. Scott
WR: A. Johnson, M. Wallace, S. Smith (CAR), M. Williams (TB)
TE: D. Clark
K: Folk
DEF: DET
IDP: Urlacher, Briggs, D'Q. JacksonQB: Stafford, Bradford

His team:
QB: Roethlisberger, Flacco
RB: A. Foster, B. Jacobs, Ingram
WR: Fitzgerald, M. Austin, Burleson, Colston, Cruz, L. Evans
TE: Graham
K: Gostkowski
DEF: GB, NYG
Last edited by ramble2 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Clark/Tolbert: Is there a trade to make here?

Postby dblj9911 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Well I agree with not liking the first trade offer, it does you no good to trade away Tolbert for bench players on your team. I would say unless you can get a starter I would hold on to him. If you can get Graham for him I may do it, I do like Clark, but there o-line is a mess and they need help blocking, which limits there te's getting out into pass routes. So if you can upgrade there I would do it, but don't overpay to get Graham. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?t=500066
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby candyman » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 pm

ramble2 wrote:My team has been awesome, thanks in part to great advice from the Cafe. I'm looking for more good advice.

I have a team in my league inquiring about Tolbert. He's now my 3rd RB, behind McFadden and Mathews. I like having both Tolbert & Mathews, and playing the hot hand. I also have Scott (against IND) to fill in during SD's bye week. Mathews looks like he may have staked a claim to the #1 role in SD, and I would consider moving Tolbert if it improved my team. Especially if it moved value from my bench into a starting spot.

Do you see any trades I might make with the other team? He's offered Roethlisberger or GB DEF for Tolbert, but neither hold much attraction for me. What about packaging Tolbert with Clark and getting back Graham plus someone?

Take note: We are also an IDP league. He's got two extra players on the bench because he's got two open IDP spots. He's got to fill these before Sunday, which means he'll have to drop two players.

12 team league; non-PPR; start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, W/R, TE, K, DEF, 3xIDP

QB: Stafford, Bradford
RB: McFadden, Mathews, Tolbert, B. Scott
WR: A. Johnson, M. Wallace, S. Smith (CAR), M. Williams (TB)
TE: D. Clark
K: Folk
DEF: DET
IDP: Urlacher, Briggs, D'Q. JacksonQB: Stafford, Bradford

His team:
QB: Roethlisberger, Flacco
RB: A. Foster, B. Jacobs, Ingram
WR: Fitzgerald, M. Austin, Burleson, Colston, Cruz, L. Evans
TE: Graham
K: Gostkowski
DEF: GB, NYG

The only guy worth targeting on that team for you is Graham... I'd try Clark and Tolbert for Graham and maybe Ingram, but I do't see him going for it... You might have to take it in the shorts a littble bit to get Graham, unless he sees value in Clark. Graham really is your only target though, so try a trade with Clark and Graham, and have him throw in somebody you're interested in...

Thanks for looking at mine.
candyman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby schmidty » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:31 am

The trouble with trying to do a deal with this guy is that your teams are awfully similar. You both have good mid-draft QBs. After an ace RB1 (though his ace is hurting), your RBs are shallow. And you both look really deep for WRs. I agree with you that trading for a defense or a backup QB isn't terribly appealing. Though trading for Big Ben is the best of those options - I'm losing faith in Bradford this year, and it would be nice to have a backup plan with Stafford. Though the thing with the Lions is that Shaun Hill would probably be as good a backup plan as any if Stafford went down.

I'm with the opinion that Graham is the one guy on the other team that would be a good fit. Though I'd kind of like to see some more of Clark (before giving up on him) with the new QB to see if there's any connection going on.
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions