Ben Tate or Daniel Thomas???? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Ben Tate or Daniel Thomas???? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ben Tate or Daniel Thomas???? WHIR

Postby rclement3915 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Ok so after Felix Jones' week 2 performance and separated shoulder...i pulled the trigger on a deal swapping him for Denarius Moore and Ben Tate. (of course he went off week 3, but he wouldnt have been in my lineup anyways)

Foster could be back, which puts Tate on the backburner. I have Ray Rice/Mendenhall/F Jax as my other 3 RB's.

Daniel Thomas is on waivers (wont be for long)...should i attempt to add him and drop Tate? or should I hold onto Tate and see if Foster can actually go for a full game. ( hes a top 10 back when fosters out)

as always...leave links and ill glady return (a member of the response team)
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ben Tate or Daniel Thomas???? WHIR

Postby KibblesNVicks23 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:21 pm

rclement3915 wrote:Ok so after Felix Jones' week 2 performance and separated shoulder...i pulled the trigger on a deal swapping him for Denarius Moore and Ben Tate. (of course he went off week 3, but he wouldnt have been in my lineup anyways)

Foster could be back, which puts Tate on the backburner. I have Ray Rice/Mendenhall/F Jax as my other 3 RB's.

Daniel Thomas is on waivers (wont be for long)...should i attempt to add him and drop Tate? or should I hold onto Tate and see if Foster can actually go for a full game. ( hes a top 10 back when fosters out)

First off no worries felix jones will break his leg in a few weeks...but anyone else you can drop other than tate? daniel thomas is a must add but dropping tate might not be a good move..you alread have some solid rbs.. trade if you can in a 2 for 1 swap nd use ur empty spot to add thomas
KibblesNVicks23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 16FAC » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:23 pm

You need to pickup Thomas NOW! Bush is relegated to 3rd down touches and Thomas has proved more effective in the passing game as well so he will be featured every week. Tate is expected to get maybe two series with Foster back.

please help me
viewtopic.php?t=500165
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:25 pm

I really like both backs, and drafted both of them in both my leagues. If you can only have one, I think its Thomas, he's the lead back in Miami, Tate's value is directly tied to Foster's health. I wouldnt be suprised if the Foster/Tate situation turns into a time share of some sort (probably around a 60-40 split maybe more, in favor of Foster), but Thomas' only competition is Bush and Slaton? I'd rather have the guy thats going to get 20+ touches. Is there anyone else you can drop to get both on your roster? I think Tate is a nice stash guy just incase somethings not right with Foster.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby Drift Monkey » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:28 pm

This one is tough, but with Foster starting next sunday, Tate's numbers will be down. Thomas is the main back in Miami, so I'd go with the starter and hope no one grabs Tate. :-o
Week 13

QB - Tim Tebow
WR - Hakeem Nicks
WR - Dez Bryant
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Ryan Mathews
TE - Jermichael Finley
W/R/T - Vincent Jackson
BN - Tony Romo
BN - Julio Jones
BN - Roy Helu
BN - Ben Tate
BN - Kevin Smith
K - Mason Crosby
D - Houston
Drift Monkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby rclement3915 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:28 pm

sadly...our league only allows u to carry 4 rb. With Rice/Mendenhall/F jax, Tate is the only guy id consider dropping.

PPR league as well.
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby David592207 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:35 pm

I would try to pick up Thomas and dump Tate. I turned down a trade of Tate for Woodhead, because of Foster's pending return. Things have changed since then as you'll see in the help I'm asking for in my post. Thanks.

viewtopic.php?t=500161
David592207
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby candyman » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:45 pm

rclement3915 wrote:Ok so after Felix Jones' week 2 performance and separated shoulder...i pulled the trigger on a deal swapping him for Denarius Moore and Ben Tate. (of course he went off week 3, but he wouldnt have been in my lineup anyways)

Thanks for leaving input on mine...

Frankly, I don't see the risk in cutting Tate loose for a guy that looks to be the #1 back season long. You've got 3 guys that will start every week aside from bye, and Thomas will fill in nicely there.

How does the rest of your roster look? I know 2 for 1 is so hard to do in these situations (where there are solid players on the WW), but is there anyway you could pull something off with Tate to upgrade a position? I'd imagine that hamstring pull is going to slow foster for a few more weeks.
candyman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rclement3915 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Foster's owner only has Jacobs as a legit backup (deangelo williams and pierre thomas)

do u think Tate as a handcuff and s.moss or dez bryant for hakeem nicks and the #1 WW pick (daniel thomas) is a decent offer???
In PPR league, Moss has 1 less point than Nicks.

i have V Jax/Austin(IR)/Dez/Moss/Meachem/D.moore
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:51 pm

I like that, the Foster owner is probably worried and would take it for Tate alone, throw in Moss and see if he bites. I'd only give up Dez if he pushes back about wanting more then Moss.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions