(Pretty) Big Trade (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

(Pretty) Big Trade (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: (Pretty) Big Trade (WHIR)

Postby SF2313 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:14 pm

I see what everyone is saying with Washington but he is a bench player after all. I wouldn't start him over Fitz nor VJack. And I would still have Santonio, Percy, and Mike Williams on the bench. Am I overrating Fred? Why should his production decline?
SF2313
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lordficron » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:43 pm

SF2313 wrote:I see what everyone is saying with Washington but he is a bench player after all. I wouldn't start him over Fitz nor VJack. And I would still have Santonio, Percy, and Mike Williams on the bench. Am I overrating Fred? Why should his production decline?

If you feel strongly that Washington will rarely see the starting lineup then definitely trade him away
lordficron
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby saemick » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:46 pm

If we're talking about TB's Mike Williams, then I would definitely do this trade. Washington is the HOT pickup this week, but he really hasn't proven himself to be that #1. Granted, I'd take a chance on him, but to give him up for Williams & Jackson... it's kind of a no brainer to me

thanks for the help with mine
saemick
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby ampant » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:51 pm

I like this trade because, while you may be overpaying for Jackson, you would likely never start Washington over VJax or Fitz. So if you had McCoy, DMac, Jackson, Fitz, and VJax, . . . that's a scary starting lineup.

I don't like the fact that it reduces your depth, because you know SOMEBODY is prolly going to get injured somewhere along the line, and weakens you for bye weeks (Washington might be a better fill in for a bye RB at flec than one of your bench RBs.

Tossup. I would look at your player's byes before doing the deal

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=500197
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby packerboy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:45 am

Thanks for the feed back on mime.
I agree with the mass stick with your line up...its a long season and Jackson ins hot now...I still like Turner to have a strong season.
QB Romo & Cutler; RB: R Grant, R Mathews, F Jones, F Jackson. M Tolbert. & C Williams; WR/TE used as same: G Jennings, A Gates, M Austin, S Holmes, D Keller; Kicker: M Crosby. TD League-bonus-100 yds rushing, receiving, & 300 yard passing.
packerboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions