Lost Britt, NEED HELP!! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Lost Britt, NEED HELP!! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lost Britt, NEED HELP!! WHIR

Postby idrive300 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:30 pm

I'm 1-2-0 to start this year, not too happy. Yahoo 12-team, PPY with standard scoring. I need some help here. I'm thinking about making an offer to an owner for a #1 or #2 RB, and maybe a solid WR2 to fill in for Britt. Do you guys think I have enough trade leverage too make some solid changes here?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????

QB1 Eli Manning
QB2 Josh Freeman

WR1 Andre Johnson
open, lost Britt
WR3 Julio Jones
WR4 Nate Burleson

RB1 Steven Jackson
RB2 Felix Jones
RB3 Mike Tolbert
RB4 Brandon Jacobs

TE1 Antonio Gates
TE2 Greg Olsen
idrive300
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lost Britt, NEED HELP!! WHIR

Postby SF2313 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:33 pm

idrive300 wrote:I'm 1-2-0 to start this year, not too happy. Yahoo 12-team, PPY with standard scoring. I need some help here. I'm thinking about making an offer to an owner for a #1 or #2 RB, and maybe a solid WR2 to fill in for Britt. Do you guys think I have enough trade leverage too make some solid changes here?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????

QB1 Eli Manning
QB2 Josh Freeman

WR1 Andre Johnson
open, lost Britt
WR3 Julio Jones
WR4 Nate Burleson

RB1 Steven Jackson
RB2 Felix Jones
RB3 Mike Tolbert
RB4 Brandon Jacobs

TE1 Antonio Gates
TE2 Greg Olsen

I'd try to sell high with Felix and/or Gates and see what you can do from there. I can see you pulling of something like a Felix (and possibly) Gates for a high end 2 WR, low end 1 WR, and a top 10 TE.

viewtopic.php?t=500239
SF2313
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 65)

Postby Ricky_Christ » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:45 pm

I don't think you're going to get good value for gimpy Gates right now, but you might get a team desperate for RB help to bite on Tolbert, he's ranked 9th on RB lists in PPR leagues right now (that won't last of course but it's useful talk for a trade.)

You want to target a team deep at wideouts but dying for RB help, maybe the Jamaal Charles owner in your league. If you wheel & deal you might be able to get a solid #2 wideout for Tolbert.

Failing that, try to target wideouts that have been underperforming/injured so far this year like Santonio Holmes or Marques Colston, and buy them up as cheap as you can.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ampant » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:05 pm

SF2313 wrote:I'd try to sell high with Felix and/or Gates and see what you can do from there. I can see you pulling of something like a Felix (and possibly) Gates for a high end 2 WR, low end 1 WR, and a top 10 TE.

Ummmm . . . sell high? :-/ Gates is very injured. Felix Jones has a re-dislocated shoulder, and has had ONE good game. Personally I like Jones, but his durability concerns DOES affect trade values. He would also not have a starting RB2 if he did that.

You are kind of screwed here. Who is available on waivers. Your rosters don't look deep, so there has to be somebody of value, even in a 12-teamer. You don't have much depth to bargain with.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=500197
Last edited by ampant on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby H00KemH02NS » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:12 pm

If this is redraft you have one chance to make a serviceable team out of your roster and it involves the unthinkable for you, I'm sure. Your only sell high is AJ... I'd package him with someone and get three upside picks out of it. Good luck, you're gonna' need to channel your inner Don Draper to pull this season out.

If it's keeper, I have no idea what to do....

help on mine?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=500280
H00KemH02NS
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ampant » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:01 am

H00KemH02NS wrote:If this is redraft you have one chance to make a serviceable team out of your roster and it involves the unthinkable for you, I'm sure. Your only sell high is AJ... I'd package him with someone and get three upside picks out of it. Good luck, you're gonna' need to channel your inner Don Draper to pull this season out.

If it's keeper, I have no idea what to do....

Yeah, I'd have to agree. You need to try and work a deal that gives you two or more very good players for your great player. I would target the guy with the deepest bench, and try to get a solid WR + a solid RB from him.

1) Am am guessing Nate Washnigton is long gone.

Maybe buy low on somebody like Mendenhall, Gore, Hillis, Turner, Blount, etc. or and a solid WR2 type. Marshall, Stevie Johnson, etc. You are going to have to talk to some folks and see what people are willing to offer. I wouldn't settle for garbage though, cause you would do better with AJ and some WW scrub than two mediocre 3rd-raters who will only get you 15 points between the two of them.

Who are the top free agents available?
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions