My teams struggling, looking for some answers. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

My teams struggling, looking for some answers.

Moderator: Football Moderators

My teams struggling, looking for some answers.

Postby Fufynono » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:38 am

QB: Matt Schaub
HB: Chris Johnson
HB: LeGarrette Blount
Flex: Julio Jones
WR: Hakeem Nicks
WR: DeSean Jackson
WR: Brandon Marshall
TE: Fred Davis
DST: Pittsburgh
K: Alex Henry

Bench: Dallas Clark, Mark Ingram, Beanie Wells, Dexter McCluster, CJ Spiller Kenny Britt and Jamaal Charles (In my IR spot)

The scoring of this league favors QBs a bit more, you get 6 points per passing TD and 1 point for every 20 yards passing. This is also a keeper league and I need to figure out 3 players to keep for next season. Now that that's all out of the way I'm trying to find a way to upgrade my team, mainly at HB since it's produced so few points for me. I would also like to upgrade at QB and have someone who is offering me Stafford in trade. I'm mainly just looking for some advice on what others would do in my spot, should I try to work some trades with what I have or hold serve and ride it out? The trade I was offered was:

Me giving away:
Matt Shaub
Chris Johnson
Brandon Marshall

Me getting:
Matt Stafford
Rashard Mendenhall
Santonio Holmes

I'm not quite sold on it as I still think Johnson has more potential to break out of his funk this season but who knows. Any help is greatly appreciated, I've started 0-3 (as have 2 other teams) and one of the 0-3 teams has to make the playoffs so I'm treating it as a new season starting this week and I just have to be better than the other 2. Will gladly help in return for any advice anyone can share.
Fufynono
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My teams struggling, looking for some answers.

Postby dmbhawker » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:18 am

first off i'm no expert but i try, LOL. As to the trade i would not do that. CJ has more upside than mendenhall, and from what i have pieced together i think cj will get on track soon. I would stick with what you got: and looking at your team you should be 0-3 because you lost britt and charles, sorry. if anything maybe piece together some stuff off waivers, ex: if you could snag a kendall hunter and package with schaub to a gore owner for a qb upgrade.
qb-ryan
qb-kolb
rb-foster
rb-ryan matthews
wr-megatron
wr-fitzgerald
wr-aj green
te-gates
flex/bn- helu, tate, wells, moss, yates,
def-cin

GO CORNHUSKERS!!
dmbhawker