Sidney Rice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sidney Rice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sidney Rice

Postby a4ce » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:24 am

Looked pretty good in his week 3 debut as a Seahawk. He racked up 8 receptions for 109 yards. He is a balla when he's healthy but what really concerns me is his QB, T-Jax. T-Jax is just terrible.

What is everyone's feeling on Rice this season if he stays healthy? How 'bout in a PPR league?
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sidney Rice

Postby deven8703 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:00 pm

Rice will be hit or miss this year and it really depends on how Mike Williams does. If they could get Zach Miller to not have to block every play it would also help open the field up for Rice. I think Week 3 put him on everyones radar, and he will be double covered until someone else can step up and take the pressure off of him.

T Jax IS awful. The bad thing is that their O-line is even worse, and Pete Carrol is worse than both of them put together. This team is a disaster offensively.
deven8703
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby a4ce » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Looked okay in Week 4. Was targeted 6 times and brought his total count up to 16 for the season (2 games for him).

'Hawks playing from behind and T-Jax looked a little better. Still got that rapport with Rice. Think it will continue.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Weasel_King » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:47 pm

I'm thinking #2-WR production from him for the rest of the year
Weasel_King
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Hippo45 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:03 pm

T-Jax is awful? The Seahawks don't have any offensive weapons for him to throw to. He is averaging 211 yards, 1.25 TD, 1 int and 62% completion. That is far from awful.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Hippo45 wrote:T-Jax is awful? The Seahawks don't have any offensive weapons for him to throw to. He is averaging 211 yards, 1.25 TD, 1 int and 62% completion. That is far from awful.

I bet you cant name 5 worse starting QB's in the game. That to many of us, is awful.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby biju » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:56 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
Hippo45 wrote:T-Jax is awful? The Seahawks don't have any offensive weapons for him to throw to. He is averaging 211 yards, 1.25 TD, 1 int and 62% completion. That is far from awful.

I bet you cant name 5 worse starting QB's in the game. That to many of us, is awful.

Look, I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Tarvaris Jackson is doing good here, but I really think he's a far cry from being awful.

He's kind of getting thrown under the bus for the failures of:
- a young O-line who hasn't quite gelled yet
- a running game that clearly has had problems
- an OC that is running a very generic plan
- an offensive strategy around not turning the ball over

Now he doesn't get a pass for this:
- not spreading the ball around
- not feeling the pressure behind him and scrambling
- scrambling when there is no pressure
- jump passes

As an aside, McNabb, Henne/Moore, Cassel, McCown/Gabbert, Bradford, and Collins/Painter have been just as bad and their team's records reflect it just the same. (Worth mentioning that I'd certainly want Bradford instead of Jackson and likely Gabbert too, but I wouldn't trade him straight across for any of those others.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:05 pm

2012 update - he's finally healthy and playing bigger at 215 pounds:

Sidney Rice has 'brand new shoulders' for Seahawks
By Brian McIntyre NFL.com
Published: June 14, 2012 at 11:06 a.m.
Updated: June 14, 2012 at 12:32 p.m.

Sidney Rice's first season with the Seattle Seahawks almost didn't happen.

Rice suffered a torn labrum in his right shoulder in training camp, an injury that nearly landed him on injured reserve at the start of the season. Rice was able to play through that shoulder injury thanks to a harness -- he also had a foot injury -- and went to catch 32 passes for 484 yards and two touchdowns before a second concussion in a three-week span landed him on injured reserve.

Rice underwent surgery on his right shoulder in January. Six weeks later, Rice he had another surgery to repair a 360-degree tear in the labrum of his left shoulder, an injury that had bothered him since college.

"A lot of slipping out and popping out of place," Rice said of the previous state of his shoulders. "Right now, they’re supposed to be brand new shoulders, and we'll take it from here. Right now I've got to regain my strength in my shoulders and get ready for the season."

The 6-foot-3 Rice has played at just under 200 pounds throughout his career, but Rice is bulking up to 215 pounds this offseason to guard against another injury-plagued season and be the No. 1 receiver that the Seahawks expected when they signed him to a five-year, $41 million contract that included $18.5 million in guaranteed money.

more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... r-seahawks

also: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s ... awk14.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:33 pm

I've got him on at least one squad so it'd be nice if he could come back fully healthy and make a legitimate fantasy impact, but I just don't see it happening, particularly with reports that Flynn and Tarvaris are looking pretty even right now - that's scary.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby northernpackfan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Guru13 wrote:I've got him on at least one squad so it'd be nice if he could come back fully healthy and make a legitimate fantasy impact, but I just don't see it happening, particularly with reports that Flynn and Tarvaris are looking pretty even right now - that's scary.

Do you really think Seattle is being totally honest when revealing the results of OTAs? Or is any team? My guess is that there is more to the story than Pete Carroll is letting on, especially after last offseason. Doesn't anyone recall when Carroll named TJax the starter immediately after signing, completely shutting down Charlie Whitehurst, who's praises he had been singing all through OTAs?

I'll be interested to see what happens in Seattle, but I think its safe to say that nobody should be taking what is coming out of coaches mouths right now too seriously.
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk