Donnie Avery - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donnie Avery

Moderator: Football Moderators

Donnie Avery

Postby deven8703 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:49 am

Went to the waiver wire and took a shot at Avery. What do you guys think about his prospects the rest of this year? I'm obviously going to wait a few weeks and see how he assimilates.

Guy has serious speed (4.23) and will have a very good QB throwing to him this year, for the first time. (By the way, I love the vindication of Matt Hasselbeck, one of my favorite players who Seattle and its fans didn't deserve.)

Does he ever live up to his first WR pick? Doubtful, but the lack of depth at WR on this team coupled with the need for a deep threat to spread the field for CJ, and the fact that the guy has never gotten a chance makes him an interesting pick up.
deven8703
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Donnie Avery

Postby stomperrob » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:13 pm

...and now he's a Colt:

The Indianapolis Colts have signed veteran wide receiver Donnie Avery, the team announced.

Avery previously visited the New York Jets.
BR> In three NFL seasons, the former St. Louis Rams second-round draft pick has caught 103 passes for 1,308 yards and nine touchdowns with 14 runs for 99 yards and one score.

“Donnie is a very fast wide receiver who has had a productive past,” Colts general manager Ryan Grigson said. “He is an excellent fit for our offense and will help shape our receiving core moving forward.”

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127& ... 2098&fhn=1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moochman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:28 pm

If Avery is going to be a productive WR again he will need a lot of Luck.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:42 pm

moochman wrote:If Avery is going to be a productive WR again he will need a lot of Luck.

That's revenge for my post about Detroit going with their Best foot forward, right?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:29 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
moochman wrote:If Avery is going to be a productive WR again he will need a lot of Luck.

That's revenge for my post about Detroit going with their Best foot forward, right?

Put a stop to puns?
With puns, all are made to groan
So no more word games? :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:18 pm

...and now he's a Chief:

Chiefs signed WR Donnie Avery, formerly of the Colts.
Avery, 29 in June, recorded 60 receptions for 781 yards and three touchdowns as the starter opposite Reggie Wayne in Indy last year. He was outplayed by rookie T.Y. Hilton and has always struggled with injuries, drops, and a distinct lack of physicality. The Chiefs did want to upgrade their perimeter speed, though, and Avery's sub-4.4 wheels can help in that area. With Dwayne Bowe, Avery, and slot receiver Dexter McCluster in place, we would not be surprised if the Chiefs put Jon Baldwin on the trade block before the draft.
Related: Colts
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 13 - 12:07 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to Football Talk