Trade Away Peterson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Away Peterson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Away Peterson?

Postby psgetrplyr » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:42 pm

I've got Adrian Peterson, but I'm ridiculously thin at RB otherwise (planning to start Ingram as RB No. 2 this week and play three receivers, one as my flex -- AND I just lost Britt and couldn't get Nate Washington off waivers). My buddy has an insane amount of RB depth, but sent me this trade proposal:

Ten-team league, standard scoring.

I give up Peterson. He gives me Beanie Wells and Tim Hightower.

I don't think this trade is probably good enough for me. Since I lost Britt, maybe I should try to get a WR added in. I've thought about Miles Austin or Mike Williams?

Any thoughts as to the original offer or what I should counter with? Or is even a deal like the one I'm talking about simply not good enough for Peterson?
psgetrplyr
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Away Peterson?

Postby bobofett1110 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:44 pm

Ask for more, Peterson is worth more then those 2.
bobofett1110
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby offthebeatnpath » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Can you post both of your rosters? It would help us see what we are working with.

Initially, I would not take that trade. Beanie is injury prone and Hightower is in a Shanahan offense, which means his place as starter all 16 games is maybe about 65% likely. He's just getting rid of junk for Peterson. Plus, both of their values doesn't equal Petersons'.

Help
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=500396
offthebeatnpath
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby psgetrplyr » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:04 pm

offthebeatnpath wrote:Can you post both of your rosters? It would help us see what we are working with.

Initially, I would not take that trade. Beanie is injury prone and Hightower is in a Shanahan offense, which means his place as starter all 16 games is maybe about 65% likely. He's just getting rid of junk for Peterson. Plus, both of their values doesn't equal Petersons'.

Help
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=500396

Sure.

My roster:

QBs: Philip Rivers and Mark Sanchez
RBs: Adrian Peterson, Mark Ingram, Ben Tate, Knowshon Moreno, Bernard Scott, Kendall Hunter (both of the latter two recent acquisitions)
WRs: Greg Jennings, Dez Bryant, Sidney Rice, David Nelson (still smarting over losing Britt for the season)
TEs: Jason Witten and Dustin Keller
K: Sebastian Janikowski
D/ST: Ravens

His roster:

QBs: Matt Schaub and Cam Newton
RBs: Darren McFadden, Shonn Greene, Beanie Wells, Arian Foster, Tim Hightower
WRs: Hakeem Nicks, Mike Williams, Miles Austin, Lance Moore, Denarius Moore, Torrey Smith
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Chargers
psgetrplyr
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Fufynono » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:16 pm

Very similar to my situation except I'm the one trying to trade for Peterson. I offered Hakeem Nicks, Beanie Wells and Ryan Fitzpatrick and haven't heard back on it yet. I think you could ask for more from Peterson than Wells and Hightower, especially since aside from Darren McFadden he has question marks and injury concerns with the rest of his HBs.
Fufynono
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions