Fishy deal - should it be vetoed? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Fishy deal - should it be vetoed?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fishy deal - should it be vetoed?

Postby bisklimpkit » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:16 pm

Here's the deal...my league was set up by a guy and in order to get 10 people in it, his wife had to be one of the teams. I suspect that he is running both teams and was hoping nothing like this would happen, but here's what's going down; yesterday there was a trade proposed at 3:51pm from him to her, which was accepted at 3:53pm (2 minutes!). He gives her Jermichael Finley and gets Miles Austin in return, who's likely out until week 6. Here's what the rosters look like:

HIS roster:

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
RB Darren McFadden
RB/WR Joseph Addai
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Sidney Rice
TE Greg Olsen
D/ST Giants
K Jason Hanson

BENCH
James Starks
Michael Bush
Deji Karim
Jermichael Finley
Lance Moore
Denarius Moore
Matt Hasselbeck

IR Jamaal Charles
IR Peyton Manning

HER roster:

QB Aaron Rodgers
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
RB Ben Tate
RB/WR Matt Forte
WR Mike Wallace
WR Steve Smith
TE Evan Moore
D/ST Lions
K John Kasay

BENCH
Arian Foster
Miles Austin
Daniel Thomas
Mike Tolbert
Mike Thomas
Robert Meachem
Darren Sproles

In my opinion, she doesn't have a strong enough WR corp to be giving up someone like Austin. I understand her wanting a different TE than Moore, but for him to give up Finley and roll with Olsen seems ludicrous, and Chandler and Pettigrew are still available on the WW for her to pick up if she wants to upgrade from Moore. I also understand that he wants to bolster his WRs, but again, giving up Finley? Seems to me like he's putting Finley on her roster to make a run for the championship.

Opinions? Should anyone in my league be concerned about this or should people stay out of trades unless it's obvious collusion?

Thanks.
bisklimpkit
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Golden Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 139)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fishy deal - should it be vetoed?

Postby Stevooo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:23 pm

Selling high on Finely and buying low on Austin since he is hurt. Seems fine to me..
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:57 pm

Doesn't look shady to me. My girl plays in a league with me and a different one with some friends of mine. When she wants a player on her team you should see some the trades or drops or whatever. She's finished 2nd in both leagues last year. I traded her my Hasselbeck her her Shonne Greene and everyone was in an uproar about how I ripped her off (it's a 2 QB league and she managed to only draft one that kept his job). Well, she beat me in week 2 because I had a horrid 2nd QB (had Garrad and didn't expect him to get cut) McCown who got me a nice 5 point...I lost by .04 points.

Anyhow, this doesn't look like collusion to me. Both teams still look quite competitive. I don't like veto's unless it's a blatant fire sale that clearly bolsters one team.
fuzzeemonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:33 pm

like you said, there's still Pettigrew on WW, therefore, giving Finley become less significant and Olsen is actually pretty decent because of Newton, so the guy still have option to either keep Olsen because of Panthers good performance or grab Pettigrew.

He got boost in his WR if Austin recover seeing he only has Wayne and S.Rice, which is pretty bad for WR1 and WR2
girl already have Wallace/S.Smith, so she trade a injured bench player for a TE she can use. She can always grab some potential WR from WW for backup, but trading Austin doesn't hurt her week4, she will have time to grab potential WR like N.Washington, D.Moore, L.Moore, J.Nelson, D.Nelson...etc

i think it's balanced trade that benefit both team and fair. Not even close of being collusion or rip off.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby dblj9911 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:36 pm

The timing seems fishy, but I"m assuimng that they live together and they could have talked the deal over, he proposed it and then she logged in an accepted it. Finely is on his bench, he is getting a top wr who will be back in a few weeks and it makes both there teams better. I wouldn't veto it.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Postby bisklimpkit » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:44 pm

dblj9911 wrote:The timing seems fishy, but I"m assuimng that they live together and they could have talked the deal over, he proposed it and then she logged in an accepted it. Finely is on his bench, he is getting a top wr who will be back in a few weeks and it makes both there teams better. I wouldn't veto it.

Finley is on his bench NOW, but the trade was made prior to him even owning Olsen. The trade was accepted before waivers had gone through, so I imagine he had claims in on a few of them to make sure he had someone once Finley was gone.
bisklimpkit
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Golden Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 139)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions