Hearst has surgery, Barlow is the man - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hearst has surgery, Barlow is the man

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hearst has surgery, Barlow is the man

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:57 pm

For those of you with Barlow stashed on your bench, your playoff prayers may have been answered (if you have a crappy #2 RB like me)...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1676167
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fntsyrookie » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:04 pm

I wish he would've just outright won the job along time ago. Oh well. At least he won't be splitting carries this week.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:26 pm

I hope Barlow does really good and maybe they will let him start from now on.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:13 pm

We've all heard of the Madden curse, well this is a case of a reverse curse. Call it a a moochie, if you will. When I trade my RBs they have good fortune come there way. I first trade Duckett because of Dunn, and then Barlow because he couldn't wrench the job away from Hearst. Now they are both starters. If I had seen this curse earlier, I could've gotten and traded my opponents stud's back-ups and watch the injuries happen. If you see Priest, Duece, Ahman, etc. get hurt next year, you'll know I've fallen to the dark side.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:39 pm

moochman wrote:If you see Priest, Duece, Ahman, etc. get hurt next year, you'll know I've fallen to the dark side.

I thought you were there are already :-o
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:05 pm

Son of a...
Barlow was available in my league, but now transactions are locked for the playoffs. He would've been a great start vs. the Cardinals, but I have a bye anyhow, and am just glad nobody else grabbed him.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby The Dude_ffc » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:15 pm

knee surgery? out at least one week? I'm thinking out for the season. Barlow is money for the next 4 games or 3 games fantasy-wise. It's going to be tough to decide between Marshall and Barlow for a keeper league. I don't think Hearst will be part of their plans next year but he is darn good for 33 years old, I'll say that. He hasn't taken a beating like some others at his age. Priest is another example.
"That rug really tied the room together."
The Dude_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:37 pm

Yeah, I hope Barlow tears up the Cards so maybe he could get a starting job next year.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:39 pm

Is Hearst now drop bait? They say he could play next week, but is that really an attainable goal with a scoped knee???

Of course, I haven't started Henry since he did whatever they are calling it to his leg and look what he's done.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:51 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Is Hearst now drop bait? They say he could play next week, but is that really an attainable goal with a scoped knee???

Of course, I haven't started Henry since he did whatever they are calling it to his leg and look what he's done.

I am starting Henry until I hear that he isn't playing. He has been playing "well." I wish his leg would have been like this all year...jk
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk