Should I try trading for more depth? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Should I try trading for more depth?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I try trading for more depth?

Postby coolmar100 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Alright so I am new to this forum so forgive me if I am placing this in the wrong area. I am currently in a 12 team league with no other special rules, meaning not a PPR or a keeper league. I have been doing real well in my league and have been missing out on lots of waivers. I am not completely comfortable with my options for backups and if an injury happens I am almost dead in the water. My question is just what the subject is. Should I be trying to trade for more depth, or simply sit on my draft picks and hope that a solid option and RB comes off the waiver wire? Also one quick disclaimer, Tebow is in my lineup as a joke with my league that he will win me games while not contributing anything to my team stat-wise.

QB-Rodgers
RB-McFadden
RB-Bradshaw
WR-Welker
WR-Vincent Jackson
TE-Scott Chandler
K-Bironas
D-Lions
WR/RB-Beanie Wells

Bench:
Keller
Tomlinson
Hasselbeck
Tebow
Danario Alexander
Dez Bryant
coolmar100
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I try trading for more depth?

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:36 pm

First, welcome to the cafe!! Second, awesome tebow joke!! Thats great haha. I guess I dont really see an opening as to where you could try to trade for depth. I think your team looks good as it is. I mean if DMC goes down sure plugging in Tomlinson sucks but everybody is in that boat. Stars go down, your team hits the tank. Are you talking about trading starting people for like people that wont play for you? Like trading Vincent for S Moss and D Bowe? That type of depth? Cause if thats what you are meaning then no way.

Bench people dont score points for you. Now, if someone really needed a TE and wanted to give you something for one, then trading Keller might not be a bad way to go. Or if you could get someone to bite on Dez that would be good too. Let someone else deal with the fact that all he does is miss NFL games lol.

Either way, good luck and welcome!!
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Should I try trading for more depth?

Postby coolmar100 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks a lot lats. I guess I may just be thinking too much and trying to fix something that isn't broken. I was mainly talking about figuring out how to shore myself up for injuries, bye weeks, and maybe even improve my flex position a bit. But again, fixing things that are not broken. I will try to get dez on out though.
coolmar100
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions