Trade Help - Trying to get CJ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Help - Trying to get CJ

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Help - Trying to get CJ

Postby FormerlyADog » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:35 pm

Was offered Chris Johnson + Mike Williams (TB) for Andre Johnson. Turned it down, but I still want CJ because I think he'll break out in week 7, after the bye. I low-balled my counter (choice of Decker, S.Rice, Washington for CJ straight up). Obviously he turned it down.

He is desperate for WR... has Williams (TB), Bowe, and Branch. He is sitting in second to last place. He has great depth at RB and is trying to trade away CJ to upgrade his situation at WR.

I'm planning on offering one of my benched WR's and SJax.

My team:
QB. Cam Newton & Matt Ryan
RB. Frank Gore, Fred Jackson, Steven Jackson, Darren Sproles, Kendall Hunter
WR. Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Sidney Rice, Eric Decker, Nate Washington
TE. Tony Gonzalez
K. Nick Folk
D. NYGiants

For this season, I think the strength of my benched WRs is Washington, Decker, then Rice (in that order)

Which WR should I offer (I'm thinking Decker) along with SJax for CJ? Is this a good trade for me and will it still leave me with enough depth at RB if CJ never breaks out?
FormerlyADog
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Help - Trying to get CJ

Postby Grinster24 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:41 pm

It's hard to gauge the value of CJ right now. I think that if you want him you'll have to give up a top WR like AJ or Johnson. I have CJ and believe he'll break out, depends on the owners view on him. I would offer AJ for CJ and one of his lower WRs like Branch.
Grinster24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Jrob09 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:44 pm

ur team is stacked...id leave it alone too be honest....cj may not fire at all...the offensive line is the worst in football and his touches are going down now too...i just traded cj for bradshaw and jennings!!!!!!
Jrob09
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FormerlyADog » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:40 am

Grinster24 wrote:It's hard to gauge the value of CJ right now. I think that if you want him you'll have to give up a top WR like AJ or Johnson. I have CJ and believe he'll break out, depends on the owners view on him. I would offer AJ for CJ and one of his lower WRs like Branch.

He offered me CJ and Mike Williams (or Branch) for AJ. I turned that down. I'm not trading a top player for a big "if" (CJ) and a big flop (Williams). Since he's desperate for WRs and I dont think he'll get much from other owners. I've got the depth to take the chance with him and leave him on my bench until he breaks out.
FormerlyADog
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby itsme2 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:58 am

If you don't trade a top player you're most likely not going to get a top player...just saying ..besides your team is stacked

your thoughts
viewtopic.php?t=500576
itsme2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Postby JimJones » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:52 am

If I had CJ, I would much rather lose by having him be a complete bust than lose by trading him for next to nothing....If he is being offered next to nothing for CJ, he might as well hold on to him, because even if he accepts and wins the trade, he still has no chance of winning after trading his 1st round pick for a couple of waiver-wire pick-ups....I tried to get CJ off some guy and offered him guys like Dez + Tate...Daniel Thomas + Tate. He agreed they were good offers at this point, but he just couldn't accept it because at the end of the day, if he wins, he's going to win with Chris Johnson taking him to the promised land; not with Dez & Tate...unless Foster goes down for good...
QB: B. Roethlisberger
RB1: D. Murray
RB2: D. Sproles
WR1: J. Jones
WR2: P. Harvin
Flex: J. Maclin
TE: J. Graham
K: J. Hanson
DEF: Play by match-ups

Bench:
C.J. Spiller
Fred Jackson