Jennings/Starks for Mojo/Nelson WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Jennings/Starks for Mojo/Nelson WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jennings/Starks for Mojo/Nelson WHIR

Postby mpt3489 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:00 am

This is a 10-team league with QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF lineups. Scoring is fairly default, but there is 1 point given per 25 return yards and 6 points for a return touchdown.

I give:
Maurice Jones-Drew
David Nelson

I GET:
Greg Jennings
James Starks

The other options I have to start at the flex over Starks would be Pierre Thomas and DeAngelo Williams, so Starks would be starting most weeks. The WR position has been a weakness of mine, but I was starting to like the 3 headed monster I had at RB with Mojo, Forte and McCoy. Also I was pretty high on David Nelson this year, but i suppose the Buffalo offense has to slow down eventually. Any thoughts on the trade would be great. Thanks. Leave a link and i'll help you out too.

My Starting Roster:
QB Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
WR Percy Harvin (Min - WR)
WR Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
WR David Nelson (Buf - WR)
RB LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)
RB Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
TE Fred Davis (Was - TE)
W/R Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)
K Jason Hanson (Det - K)
DEF Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
mpt3489
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Jennings/Starks for Mojo/Nelson WHIR

Postby Smitty114 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:08 am

Normally I would probably do this trade as you could use an upgrade at WR and you are pretty set at RB.

But, I don't think I do this trade as I consider MJD the best player in the trade. Having him in your slot is HUGE. Since you'll be starting both players regardless, I think you have to look at it as if Jennings/Starks will outproduce MJD/Nelson. I don't think they will, which is why I would hold off.

help with mine!
viewtopic.php?t=500609
Smitty114
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jennings/Starks for Mojo/Nelson WHIR

Postby TaDa » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:11 am

I don't do this trade. MJD carries the load where Starks is in a battle for time with Grant. Grant will most likely be back for week 5, and looked impressive in week 3, so who knows how many touches Starks will get. And while Jennings is a stud without a doubt, Nelson is having a hell of a year. I don't consider the upgrade in WR to be anywhere near as close as the downgrade in RB.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions