Santonio Holmes for Steven Jackson...WHIP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Santonio Holmes for Steven Jackson...WHIP

Moderator: Football Moderators

Santonio Holmes for Steven Jackson...WHIP

Postby Hubarooski » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:51 am

Current offer is my Holmes for his SJax. Does my team get better with this deal? Rosters and trade info below.

League: 12 Team Redraft, Start QB, 1 Rb, 3 WR, Flex, TE, D, K. 6pts/all Td. 0.5 PPR

My roster:
QB- Rivers
RB- Foster, Tolbert, Ingram, Lynch , Tate
WR- Austin, Holmes, AJ Green, D Nelson, Decker, McCluster
TE - Finley

His Roster
QB- Brees
RB- Rice, Bradshaw, Steven Jackson, Fred Jackson, Starks
WR- Maclin, Burleson, Ward, Garcon, A Brown
TE- Gates, Pettigrew

My starting offer was Holmes and Ingram for FJackson. He commented he would end up dropping Ingram and countered with Holmes for SJax. Sjax injury scares me and I would prefer FJax, but am going to have to pay more. Thoughts on what else I should pay?'

*edited for David not Jordy
Leave a link for help with your ???
Last edited by Hubarooski on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hubarooski
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Santonio Holmes for Steven Jackson...WHIP

Postby BearsFan65 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:22 am

Thanks for mine (but no way do I drop Amendola in a PPR league). I think the trade makes your team marginally better. FJax has been great so far, but I don't think he keeps that pace up all year, so the gap between the two backs isn't as large as you might think. Do you have David or Jordy Nelson on your roster? I don't see a combination that would get you FJax based on production to date if he's going to drop whichever RB you add to the offer - and with Austin not playing till week 6, trading Holmes would leave you with Green, Nelson, Decker and McCluster as your WR's. That's pretty thin for two weeks, and you're not getting enough bang for the buck with SJax on a week 5 bye. I'd hold off on this deal for a while. If Holmes has a big game against BAL (and he could), your offer carries more weight and you got the benefit of that big game. Good luck!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)

Re: Santonio Holmes for Steven Jackson...WHIP

Postby Smitty114 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks for the help on mine!

I make the trade. I'm not high on Holmes and Jax is a SOLID RB to have, especially since Foster is your #1. I don't think Holmes will have a better year than any of your backup WRs so I'd just play matchups with those and solidify your RB position.
Smitty114
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions