Campbell over Romo? (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Campbell over Romo? (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Campbell over Romo? (WHIR)

Postby Team Gooch » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:35 pm

liono123 wrote:It's closer than you think, as the Campbell matchup is very good, but I'd still go for the superior talent with the better receivers. Go with Romo, should be a shootout.

I agree with this ;-D

here's mine
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500712
Team Gooch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ampant » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Is Austin playing this week?

I actually feel like you could go either way, but I feel like Romo is likely a safer play. Bellicheck is going to scheme real hard to plug the holes that Buffalo exposed. And Romo is just a better QB than Campbell is. I think if Austin is playing it's Romo for sure. He's got Austin, Bryant, Witten, and Felix Jones who is a good receiving back.

OAK is a run 1st team, although McFadden may catch a long screen.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500650
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby bhov97 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Romo's play has been consistent as of late....he quieted his critics like i said he would past two weeks...but he has a track record of folding when the pressure is on.
bhov97
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ampant » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:25 pm

bhov97 wrote:Romo's play has been consistent as of late....he quieted his critics like i said he would past two weeks...but he has a track record of folding when the pressure is on.

That's hyperbole. He's got the best passer rating in the 4th quarter of any QB in the NFL. His two screwups just came at the worst time, but whether or not he is "clutch" has no bearing on how many points his is likely to earn in a fantasy game.

Furthermore, when compared to Campbell, his resume is far, far stronger in all situations.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby eriesteeler » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Vote for Romo too--no clear running game so he will be throwing all game vs. Cambell who will hand off a bunch. Only fear is that Detroit d line w/ Fairly back. They could knock Romo out of they get to him, but that would just be bad luck you couldn't control.
eriesteeler
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby lwood24 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:30 pm

I'm gonna say Campbell. NE still hasn't figured out it's secondary and the Lions have only gave up two passing td's or something like that even though they've played McNabb and Cassel the last two weeks but Romo won't have any weapons esp. if Dez sits out (who missed practice today).

Lions front four will be pressuring Tony all day and we saw on Mon. night how horrible his wideouts were. Wait till Suh gets to him too.

Campbell has Moore and if Jacoby Ford returns, he's another nice weapon to have.

With all the injuries to DAL esp. Romo and stout DET D, I'd roll with Campbell this weekend.
lwood24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:33 pm

Dude i'm in the same boat as you. I'll say this, people on here are really overlooking Romo's last performance. I think it will be somewhat similar to last week. He just doesn't have the weapons around him. Romo himself is fine, but he needs a healthy Dez and a healthy Miles Austin. Go with a QB who is healthy and has his weapons. For me I'm debating between Romo, Kolb and Cambell. I'm leaning towards Kolb because he is the most consistent. Cambell can be streaky, but he definitely has a favorable match up. Cambell does have a ton of weapons (Boss, Moore, Ford).

I'm just going to bench Romo this week, and then return to starting him after his bye week (wk 5). Romo will be a monster once Dez and Austin get healthy.

Help Me Out:
viewtopic.php?t=500585
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deven8703 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:58 pm

I don't even think this is really a question. I'd start Romo any day. Sure Campbell could do great against NE, but Romo is more consistent and by far the better QB. Even without his best weapons, he still has better weapons than Campbell does through the air. I also see NE defense actually coming out to play this week.
deven8703
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Red Winger » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:32 pm

Jason Campbell has been mediocre for so long that people are not noticingthat he has been playing lights out this year (well, last week they just handed it to DMC, but Campbell played well).
That being said, as the old fantasy adage goes: always play your studs. Romo is a fantasy stud.

Thanks for the help on mine ;-D
The key to a winning season is focusing on one opponent at a time. Winning one week at a time. Never look back and never look ahead.
Chuck Noll
Red Winger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:37 pm

deven8703 wrote:I don't even think this is really a question. I'd start Romo any day. Sure Campbell could do great against NE, but Romo is more consistent and by far the better QB. Even without his best weapons, he still has better weapons than Campbell does through the air. I also see NE defense actually coming out to play this week.

I completely disagree with you. Without Austin, Cambell has the better weapons. Jacoby Ford, Darren McFadden, Denarius Moore and Kevin Boss are better offensive weapons than a non-healthy Dez Bryant, Kevin Ogeltree, Laurent Robinson, Felix Jones and Jason Witten.

Oakland has ridiculous weapons on offense.
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Who to Start/Bench