McCoy, Holmes, and Colston for FJax, Blount, DeSean Jax?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

McCoy, Holmes, and Colston for FJax, Blount, DeSean Jax??

Moderator: Football Moderators

McCoy, Holmes, and Colston for FJax, Blount, DeSean Jax??

Postby CSimmsSU » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Ok, 12 team, PPR league. Start 2RBs, 3WR's.
Here's my situation:
Current starters
RB McCoy & DeAngelo Williams
WR B Marshall, S Holmes, AJ Green
Bench Ryan Grant, Ronnie Brown, Colston, Deion Branch, Sanzenbacher

trade offer is for me to GIVE McCoy, S Holmes, Colston, and Ronnie Brown to GET Fred Jackson, LeGarette Blount, DeSean Jackson, and Victor Cruz. So new starters would become:
RB's F Jackson & Blount
WR's Marshall, DeSean Jackson, AJ Green.

What do you guys think? Is Fred Jackson gonna continue his productivivity? Blount I think will get back to being a great fantasy player. unsure on DeSean Jackson too. But giving away McCoy is obviously huge but Holmes has been unproductive and supposedly isn't 100%, and Colston is coming off injury but injury prone regardless.
CSimmsSU
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: McCoy, Holmes, and Colston for FJax, Blount, DeSean Jax?

Postby srlarson » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:03 pm

agree hate to loose McCoy......but D will out of your starting lineup would be a HUGE help........I think it's a fair trade......
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:24 pm

does he have any other backs besides blount? in PPR, Blount loses a lot of value. i'd still do this deal though, because blount is much better than williams.
VY fan for life
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CSimmsSU » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:32 pm

he has McFadden as his other back so Blount has been on his bench. Obviously he won't deal McFadden to me. How about Desean? Should his boom or bust type of fantasy play be concerning? He has Jennings as WR as well and trying to work him into deal in place of DeSean but dont think he will bite
CSimmsSU
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:53 pm

CSimmsSU wrote:he has McFadden as his other back so Blount has been on his bench. Obviously he won't deal McFadden to me. How about Desean? Should his boom or bust type of fantasy play be concerning? He has Jennings as WR as well and trying to work him into deal in place of DeSean but dont think he will bite

I'd counter with Jennings instead of Desean, but would take the original deal if he rejects it.
VY fan for life
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby K0wned » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:01 pm

I would HATE to give up McCoy, I think he will end the year with the most points of all RBs, and I think FJax will slow down, but you really have to accept the trade. FJax and Blount is slightly better than McCoy and DeAngelo.. And you are upgrading at WR aswell. I believe Desean Jackson will have some good games, but if you can get Jennings instead do it. It's a fair trade and will get Deangelo out of your lineup. Counter with Jennings instead of Desean, but if he declines resend the original offer.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CSimmsSU » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:25 pm

He won't deal Jennings as I had thought. Re-countered with McCoy, Decker and Colston for F Jax, Blount and Desean. That way I can have B Marshall, Desean Jax, and Holmes at WR's and AJ Green as an option if he accepts. Thanks for the help guys and hopefully I can get a nice overall upgrade since DeAngelo isn't producing
CSimmsSU
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions