Gore, and a WR/Flex question ** WHIR ** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Gore, and a WR/Flex question ** WHIR **

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gore, and a WR/Flex question ** WHIR **

Postby prophecy135 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:08 pm

Standard scoring league, Need 2 WR's and a Flex out of these:

Dez Bryant vs. DET
Jeremy Maclin vs. SF
Lance Moore @ JAC
Julio Jones @ SEA
Denarius Moore vs. NE
Mark Ingram @ JAC
Frank Gore @ PHI

Is Dez a must start if he's playing, I assume that will be a shoot out so he should have plenty of chances.. Who would you start and why?

Also, Would you start Gore over Hightower and Foster??

As always thanks for looking and leave a link!!!!!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gore, and a WR/Flex question ** WHIR **

Postby MAXIMIS » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:15 pm

I would not start Gore if you need to bench one of them... maybe Foster but Gore hasn't looked good and PHI has nice D-Line.

My choice on WR's in order
1.Dez B - if he starts start him. still no Miles A in the lineup.
2. Lance Moore - should have good day against weak D and Colston should be very limited.
3. Maclin - just think he's safest of last options.

Help me? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500904
MAXIMIS
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby RedBirdChica » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:34 pm

I'd roll with Dez and Julio in my wide receiver roles. No Question. Romo is healthy and Dez is a beast and still has decent opposite field receiver mates that will often draw coverage. Julio is in a similar situation and will be running routes against a ho-hum Seattle DB core.

Maclin is a nice talent, but he has hammy issues and who knows how effective Vick will be (or how much he'll play).
Lance Moore is still nursing injuries and has to fight amongst Meachem, Henderson, and Graham for Colston's sloppy seconds.
DMoore's big play ability is tempting, but he hasn't proven enough to me just yet.

As of right now, Gore looks like a safe-ish FLEX play. He won't be on the field as much as Foster or Hightower (who should get nice goal line work against a shoddy Rams D). That being said, the Eagles D also looks a little vulnerable against the run, which is good news for a banged up Gore. If Frankie doesn't get the green light in late reports, I'd roll the dice with Maclin.

little help? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500879
RedBirdChica
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 44)

Postby Dolfan19 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:47 pm

For your WRs I would go Maclin and Dez. Dez is too talented to leave him on the bench if he starts. I have no reason to doubt he plays this week since he played last week with the same quad bruise. They'll give him some pain killers, and he should be good to go. Gore is a tough call because he is questionable, so who knows how much he will play. Hunter looked really good in the preseason, so it's not too hard to imagine they share carries 50/50. I think the safe play would be to roll with one of the Moores. Which one, i really don't know. I would probably flip a coin to pick, and then just go with D. Moore no matter what the coin said, due to the juicy matchup against the Patriots. Patriots should be good to put up at least 35 points, so you know OAK is going to have to air it out.

Thanks for the help on mine, and good luck this week! ;-D
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Return to Who to Start/Bench