Time to start Foster??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Time to start Foster???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time to start Foster???

Postby Harper802 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:10 pm

Now that Foster is supposedly healthy, I have to decide who to start. Non PPR....I have been starting Ryan Mathews and LaGarrette Blount. I can only start two of the three, Blount, Mathews, and Foster. Which two??
Harper802
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Time to start Foster???

Postby prophecy135 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Im not sure how you can sit Foster, but you do have some nice options if you choose to. I'd say you COULD do it if you dont feel comfortable playing Foster, it might be the safer way to go since who knows how much run he'll get, and you do have solid guys to throw in and both have solid matchups..

Mathews looked great last week, but I'm not sure his goalline carries were because he gained Norv's faith or because Tolbert was dinged up. He also missed some practice time, but looks like a full go. Blount is going against the Colts, and even though Mendy didnt do much against them last week, Blount should be used early and often.

I'm not sure I could sit Foster, but then again I dont have those options. I think with your options it would be safer to sit Foster this week as his matchup is kinda shitty, or at least not as good as the other two. Kinda depends on the rest of your team, if you think you'll need a big game, Foster might be the right play, if you just need solid points go with Mathews and Blount.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500906
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby sammyfan711 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Foster is primed to get 25 touches and the best bet among these three IMO, he's the clear must start.

As far as the other two I would go Matthews. He was a little hurt but last week he seemed to take a pretty good hold on the feature back role, so much so that Tolbert called him the man now. This is what many foresaw when Matthews was drafted in the first round in many leagues last year, it's time to ride the hot hand and reap the rewards of this high risk pick when you can.

Blount I'm not as high on despite the great matchup. He's a two down runner that has some bad misses on occasion (see week 1), the chance of him missing again and possibly losing the game for you is jst too high IMO.
sammyfan711
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dolfin99 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:29 pm

I would go with Blount and Mathews. I am not convinced that Foster is 100-percent to tell you the truth and I don't think he will run like he did last season (at least not right away).
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Who to Start/Bench