Sit Romo? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Sit Romo? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sit Romo? WHIR

Postby lugmetric » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:32 pm

So I'm thinking of sitting Romo this week for....Jay Cutler.

Thoughts? Panthers missing starting CB, poor pass D to begin with, Romo without miles, and maybe no dez, facing what's become one of the toughest defenses in the league. Also, a constant risk of re-injury..I'm tempted to just let him rest until after the bye and he's got his top WRs back and his ribs have healed up a bit.

Am I crazy? Leave a link, I'll help you out.
lugmetric
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sit Romo? WHIR

Postby schmidty » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:38 pm

You're not crazy. But I still would start Romo. The Lions offense shouldn't give the Cowboys the luxury of winning with just FGs. Romo's ribs are a week healthier. The backup WRs have a had a week to relearn how to catch the ball. Yeah, it's not a great matchup. But I still trust Romo more than Cutler.

Help in return? viewtopic.php?t=500959
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby robotninja » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:48 pm

I would go with Romo over Cutler as well. Romo still has Witten and should have Dez Back along with an extra week of healing. They will have to score to beat the Lions.

I know that Romo is hurt but with all the sacks Cutler is taking he is probably just as much of a coin flip to get hurt as Romo and Cutler doesnt have the ceiling that Romo does any given week.

Help on mine

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500928&p=3364483#p3364483
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Go with Cutler. I have Romo and I'm sitting him this week for Eli Manning. People are prematurely telling people to start Romo because of his name. Did anyone watch the MNF game last week? Dez may not even play, he is a TRUE GAME TIME DECISION. And even if he does play, I doubt he'll play more than 75% of the snaps, and he won't be near 100%. I just remember watching last weeks game against the Skins and Tony Romo's WR's were Laurent Robinson and Kevin Ogeltree. Yikes. Not to mention they didn't even know where to lineup on the line of scrimmage and what route to run.

Cutler has a very favorable match up, go with him. By starting Romo, your running the risk of a performance much like last week.
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby cubanl81 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:11 pm

As a Redskin fan I can tell you that you should Bench Romo this week. If we didn't give up a stupid long pass of like 40 on a 3rd and 21 his stats would look worse. He looked out of sync with his receivers with Austin out. And Detriot's D will get alot more pressure on him. I mean we barely hit Romo so he got those stats with not alot of pressure.
cubanl81
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Who to Start/Bench