Stuck between some good options this week WR/RB (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Stuck between some good options this week WR/RB (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stuck between some good options this week WR/RB (WHIR)

Postby cubanl81 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Ok so I've started out the year 0-3. Yikes. But I'm not freaking out cause I really like my team except Foster not doing anything YET. I could have made some different choices and been 2-1. Like play Blount Week 3 d'oh. Or playing Eli last week. But anyways on to the next week, ready to start my winning streak.

At the beginning of the week the decesions looked alot easier. So here it is.

I'm set at QB with Eli this week

Running backs

Foster
L.Blount
J.Starks
M.Tolbert

Beginning of the week I was just going to roll with Blount & Starks (figured he had to have a bounce back game) But now that Grant is out its a no brainer. But Blount has a good match up this week. And Foster he is my #1 pick so i want to start him feel like he is 100% Steeler D be damned lol

Wide Receivers

Fitz
S.Holmes
L.Moore
D.Nelson
A Brown

Don't even have to ask about Fitz. It really comes down to L.Moore & S.Holmes. I know Holmes has been quiet lately but he should be due for a break out I think. But Brees loves Moore.

So really Its more the flex pos I'm stuck at. Do I go with Foster, Moore, Holmes. And if Foster who between Moore & Holmes.

Thanks in advance.
cubanl81
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Stuck between some good options this week WR/RB (WHIR)

Postby VIKINGFAN » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:06 pm

I feel your pain man......(0-3) aswell.

Go with Blount and Starks,
Even with Foster back, vs a solid Steelers D, they are probably going to eazzz him back and still use Tate for some carries.

Go with Fitz and Holmes,
With Colston back, Moore will lose some value especially with all the great targets there for Brees already (Graham/Colston/Henderson/Meachem/Moore)

PLEASE HELP ME:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=500985
VIKINGFAN
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:09 pm

I would go Blount and Starks. I think Foster will be in a bit of a timeshare this week with Ben Tate because I do not think Texans will rush him back. I do think he is worth a start at flex though. good luck!

help me please?
viewtopic.php?t=500961
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby ScottyKitz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:13 pm

Go with Starks and Foster for the reasons you stated. Steeler D can be penetrated by the Pass as the Ravens showed.

Fitz and Holmes because A) It's Fitz and B) Santonio is going to face some single coverage with Plaxico demanding some safety help over top (if healthy).

viewtopic.php?t=500823
ScottyKitz
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby robotninja » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:15 pm

I am a little confused as to how many we need to pick but I think its 5

RB
Blount Good matchup should get plenty of Touches
Starks No Ryan Grant he will be the lead dog and most likely get a lot of mop up touches

WR
Fitz no explanation required
Holmes #1 passing option and the Ravens arent what they used to be

Flex
Foster Tough matchup but he should get his touches, more upside than anyone else that is left.
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)

Postby cubanl81 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:23 pm

Thanks for all the quick replies. I guess i was rabbling a bit lol. Its mostly choosing between playing Foster or not this week. And if not then who to play in the Flex.

Seems most think Moore should be the odd man out. I mainly just didn't want to bench Foster for him to blow up. Seeing as he had a week of full practice.
cubanl81
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby toy4x4 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:33 pm

I do not like Starks against Oak. Not because of their crappy run D, but because of their crappy pass D. GB seems to continue to pass even when way ahead. I just don't see the commitment to the run and no real need to...

I have Foster, Blount, Starks, Tate. So I have a similar issue. I will not start Starks but will start Foster and Blount. Of course, I will be wrong no matter what I do.
QB: 1pt per 20 Yds Passing - 4pt Passing TD
RB/WR/TE: 1pt per 10 Yds Rushing/Receiving - 6 pts per TD
K: 1 Pt per XP - 3 pts per FP - 6 pts per +50 FG
toy4x4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eggsvonsatan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:44 pm

I would play Moore over Holmes. He caught two 2pt conversions last week if that says anything about how much Brees loves him.
eggsvonsatan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby cubanl81 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Yeah and Moore was targeted 9 times and had 9 catches. Brees gotta love that. Man its tough cause i think Holmes will go off too. Maybe I should just flip a coin lol. Can't be any worse then how i've been picking lol.
cubanl81
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Fufynono » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:50 pm

I'd go with Starks and Blount at HB. I think they're going to ease Foster back in and not try to injure that hamstring again. Besides that I look for them to try to pass against the Steelers because the secondary hasn't been off to a great start.

I'd go with Fitz and Holmes at WR. Fitz is a no brainer and Holmes has been good against the Ravens in the past (I think he has a TD in every game against them aside from his rookie season).

For the flex spot I'd probably go with Foster, he's going to get some touches and the Steeler defensive line isn't what it use to be and can be gashed on occasion. There are no guarantees Moore will see the ball this weekend depending on how Colston's comeback goes and if they get a lead early like they should they could just sit on the ball and kill clock.
Fufynono
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench