RBush, EDecker, MThomas, SHolmes and/or DWilliams WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

RBush, EDecker, MThomas, SHolmes and/or DWilliams WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

RBush, EDecker, MThomas, SHolmes and/or DWilliams WHIR

Postby POJO_Risin » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:21 am

My roster has two RB and two WR, as well as a flex RB/WR, and a flex WR/TE. So I can start up to three running backs, and up to four receivers. Obviously, Ray Rice and Fred Jackson are must starts at the running back position, and Mike Wallace is a must start at the WR position. That leaves open three more slots, the flex RB/WR, the flex WR/TE, and the WR slot. Which three would you plug in?

Santonio Holmes vs. Baltimore
Reggie Bush vs. San Diego
Eric Decker vs. Green Bay
Mike Thomas vs. New Orleans
DeAngelo Williams vs. Chicago

Holmes normally would be a sure start as the receiver 2, but he's coming off injury and a rough week, and playing the Ravens. The catch to that is that Wallace had a big game against them in week 1, Britt had a big game against them in week 3, and while nobody had a big game against them in week 3, they were playing the Rams.

Bush would be on my bench, but Thomas is out making him the primary, and they'll likely need to score a ton of points against the Chargers.

I really think that Decker is the #1 in Denver, and they'll have to throw to keep up with Green Bay. Thomas is the #1 in Jax, and while a rookie is throwing him the ball, they seem to have rapport, and will have to score a ton against Chicago.

DeAngelo...well...against Chicago, and having a horrid year...can't see...but maybe you do.

So, do you start Bush or DWilliams, and two of my three receivers, or do you start Holmes, Decker and Thomas?

12 Team Head to Head, 2 player Keeper League--WR PPR RB...the positions are fixed, I HAVE to have 2 defenses (4 RB, 4 WR, 2 QB, 2 TE, 2 Def)

QB Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
RB Ray Rice, Bal RB
RB Fred Jackson, Buf RB
RB/WR Eric Decker, Den WR
WR Mike Wallace, Pit WR
WR Santonio Holmes, NYJ WR
WR/TE Mike Thomas, Jac WR
TE Vernon Davis, SF TE
D/ST Saints D/ST D/ST

Bench Reggie Bush, Mia RB
Bench Benjamin Watson, Cle TE
Bench DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
Bench Giants D/ST D/ST
Bench Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buf QB
"All my friends now...they look up to me...the wish they could be...a lot more like me..." DLR
POJO_Risin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RBush, EDecker, MThomas, SHolmes and/or DWilliams WHIR

Postby Jackson » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:44 am

Thanks for the help with mine!

I think I would go with Holmes - Decker - Thomas.

Good Luck!
Jackson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:48 am

I think Holmes is the lock for your WR spot. I would go Decker at one of your flex and Thomas at the other. Dwill has not gotten the workload this season and Bush can not run between the tackles. good luck!
help me please?
viewtopic.php?t=501120
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby eriesteeler » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:50 am

I have to say Holmes and Decker for sure, but my vote is for Bush for the reasons you mentioned. He still does have skills and will be fed and passed the ball with Thomas out. They will be playing from behind and I just don't see him getting shut out this game by default. I have a gut feeling about him in this spot.

By the way...not in Erie any more either but loved it there. I am a die-hard Steelers fan and living in Michigan now. So, I get the game for sure today no worries. Do you know about the website called "the 506"? It's great bc it will show you color coded maps of every nfl week and in what areas which games will be shown. It's awesome. Type in "the 506 nfl 2011" into google and it will come right up. Good luck.
eriesteeler
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby slick56 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:55 am

Holmes, Thomas, Decker. Holmes is going to get looks and stats today vs Balt, no doubt the jets have to pass. Mike Thomas is in top 8 in targets they will be throwing a helluva alot today. And with the way John Fox is running the offense GB will go up on them early and look to shut out Lloyd and free up decker for some quality fantasy stats. good luck!

thx for helping w/mine
slick56
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Who to Start/Bench