If Gore is out, is Hunter a good RB start? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

If Gore is out, is Hunter a good RB start? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

If Gore is out, is Hunter a good RB start? WHIR 100%

Postby eriesteeler » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:57 am

I'd like thoughts on this from people who follow the Niners. My RB situation has been a disaster with Felix Jones and SJackson being injured all season. I still don't want to start either of them and have Tolbert, Addai, and maybe Hunter to start. I could use some help with this one. Thanks!
eriesteeler
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: If Gore is out, is Hunter a good RB start? WHIR 100%

Postby eriesteeler » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:35 am

Maybe I should amend this question....

I mean, with Gore out will Hunter lose goal line carries etc or is he the man. I don't follow SF closely enough and wondered if others had some useful insight. Thanks
eriesteeler
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby JimiRayThunderaxe » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:02 am

Thanks for helping with mine.

Personally I love talent and upside so even though it's a risk he might get hurt, I would start Felix Jones rather than Gore or Hunter if Gore plays. If Gore doesn't play then I could see starting Hunter over Felix, but in the end I would still stick with Felix only because the SF's offense is a mess. Hunter was the best RB in the league in preseason, has been compared to Ray Rice and Philly has a lousy run D, but SF's QB/passing game is awful and I would expect Philly to stack the box and come to play after losing to the G-Men last week. Even if Gore were out I think this would be a real gamble to start Hunter here. From last I saw, Gore still hasn't been ruled out either (check though).

Honestly, I'd go Felix. He'll get the carries and plays on a functioning offense.
JimiRayThunderaxe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 30)

Postby jptx » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:08 am

If Gore is out I would start Hunter. I just read a few days ago that Hunter is without a doubt the #2 back and will get the lion's share of the carries if Gore is out. I also happen to like Hunter's upside a lot though so my love may be a bit biased. He did get a goal line carry last week though on his score.

That being said, Felix looked good in the second half last week and don't expect the Cowboys to abandon the run this week. I expect a similiar game plan as last week for the 'boys.

Thoughts - viewtopic.php?t=501163
7 Year Dynasty/Keeper League
*2X Champion*
jptx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 22)

Return to Who to Start/Bench