How Addicted Are You??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How Addicted Are You???

Moderator: Football Moderators

How Addicted Are You???

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:24 pm

Ok i have a confession to make. I love Fantasy Football so much that i joined 12 leagues this year. 5 yahoo public leagues, 2 of my friends leagues, and 5 other private leagues. I had to create 3 Yahoo Accounts just to make it possible since Yahoo allows 4 leagues per account. Its my 1st year and i love it so much. But i think i got alittle carried away in joining leagues this year.

So i'm wondering...

Whats the most amount of leagues that you have ever joined one year in Fantasy Football????

Am i the only one who is a crazy bastard who joins 12 leagues?? i think i am. unless ya can prove me wrong

well anywayz, here's my records in my 12 leagues. I'm surprised i've done so good my first year...

Yahoo Public Leagues
12-1, 1st
8-5, 1st
8-5, 4th
8-5, 3rd
2-11, dead last, 10th

Private Leagues
7-4, 1st (7 team league)
8-3, 1st (9 team league)
12-1, 1st (10 team league)
10-3, 1st (20 team league)
4-9, last, (8 team league) BUT 8 TEAMS MAKE PLAYOFFS, so im in
8-5, 2nd
8-5, 3rd

i know what yur thinking. How sad this guy in all these leagues...

what can i say, i'm addicted... can anyone outaddict me????
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:27 pm

Is it still fun? This was my first year and I loved it. I think I may join another league next or maybe 2 but 12 leagues? You are nuts! I would be surprised if that is the highest though.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Shatner8 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:30 pm

I think that many leagues makes it less fun. You basically have every good player on one of your teams so it take some of the enjoyment out of rooting for your fantasy player becuase pretty much every player is on one of your teams. Its more fun to only have one or 2 league so you can be really focused and follow your players more. I played in 2 leagues this year and i thought that was plenty for me
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:32 pm

I have 10 teams, but I only really care about maybe 4 or 5.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Buckychudd » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:36 pm

One league, and that's all I've ever done. Thinking about joining 2 or 3 next year.....with 12 I wouldn't know who to root for! :-?
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:48 pm

You sound like me. I always say I'm just gonna join like 2-3. After I've drafted a couple times, I can't resist doing it 10 more times.

I PROMISE I'm only doing 8 next year...
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ronald » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:27 pm

I'm in four this year. First in two, third in another, and fourth in the last. Three out the four are twelve team leagues...

Anyhoo, next year I'm only planning on doing two, maybe three leagues. I'm only really active in two of my teams. The rest I check in twice a week to grab people off of waivers and then late in the week set my lineup. In the other two, I actively pursue trades, ect...

My first year was last year. I was in two leagues. I did well in one, and not so well in the other, but I had a lot more fun concentrating soley on those two leagues. ...Especially playing the "Playoff Dream Crusher" with my worse team. }:-)
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. - John Wooden
Ronald
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:32 pm

9 total this year.

Only 1 is a money league though, so that's the one I care most about and hence always root for.

I set my lineups in all my leagues, but I only actually care about the money league and a couple others (one w/ my friends, etc.).

I don't really bother rooting for my team in the league with my friends simply because it's pretty much unbeatable (12 team league w/ Hass, J Lewis, Holmes, C. Johnson, Holt, S. Moss, 300 pts ahead of 2nd place guy), so the money league is really the only one I sit around and mull over trades about.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:33 pm

For some reason I almost respect you for this...I am getting addicted too...oh no...I still think it would be more fun with less leagues. Is there really anybody that you don't have in at least one league?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:34 pm

I don't think you can seriously participate in more than 3-4 . Anything over that has got to be just for the thrill of drafting .
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk