How Addicted Are You??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How Addicted Are You???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:37 pm

FFPlayinMoFo wrote:I don't think you can seriously participate in more than 3-4 .

I agree with MoFo here,I went to 5 this year and kinda tanked on one of the two that aren't a money league...I won't be expanding next year.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:42 pm

I only am in 1... this is my first year and im addicted as hell unfortunately those in my league (my friends) don't care as much as I and call me obsessed and stuff. Next year im shootin to join at least 1 league with all fantasy football fanatics. So let me know if you need a dedicated owner to join your league.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:45 pm

I have my one league, a 16-team dynasty league with a bunch of college buddies....it started this year.

So in order to prepare for our initial draft, I wanted to do some research for myself. I did about 7-10 drafts with leagues that are the same size, with similar specs, and I did all the drafts live....usually on Yahoo.

Once I drafted, I printed out the results of all the "other" leagues, and then let those leagues go, checking them about once every three weeks just to rotate starters, etc.

Then I took all the results, and looked for commonalities in draft order, etc. My research paid off and i grabbed some great sleepers, and was well prepped for my own league's draft. People hated me for it but they could have done it just as easily, its just that I like to win more I guess. BTw I am 10-3 and looking at a first round bye!

Next year, I may do one or two, just to see where rookies are going....to prep for our leagues rookie draft.
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TTTBone » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:47 pm

I only play 2 leagues, and I think 3-4 is the most I could personally do without ruining my football viewing experience. I guess I just prefer to like or dislike teams on a basis other than who's scoring for me this week. I prefer to go by the basis of loyalty, rivalries, and personality (who has the biggest A-Hole players or coach). Even with 2 teams I find this criteria tested when I watch games. "Okay just get the one TD for me, and then stop before you actually win the game." Eight or more teams would probably dilute my NFL fan experience to the point that all I cared about in the NFL was who's scoring for me. Not that that's neccesarily a bad thing; just doesn't work for me.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:48 pm

I am in 3 money leagues (one team I share with another guy)and 2 Yahoo leagues with all owners from the Cafe. I find I really only pay strict attention to the 2 money leagues I run myself. I am 11-2 in one of the Yahoo leagues with Cafe owners and couldnt even name 4 guys on my team without looking. Having more than 3 serious leagues, I think, eliminates the excitement of seeing one of your players score, as it makes it less rare.

Friendliness: %

Postby The Gatekeeper » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:49 pm

That was the Keeper.
The keeper will never let you pass!!!
The Gatekeeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Fantasy Expert. » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:04 pm

I am in 7 leagues this year, last year i was in about 16 or 17 but i only cared for about 4.

1st of 8
1st of 7
1st of 10
1st of 10
2nd of 10
8th of 10
4th of 11.

That is where i am at in all my leagues this year.
Fantasy Expert.

Friendliness: %

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:32 pm

Fantasy Expert. wrote:last year i was in about 16 or 17 but i only cared for about 4.

wow yur the 1st person that actually has said that they have joined more leagues than me.

as for me, although i am in 12 leagues, i dont care about the one that i'm in last cuz that was the ONLY one that i didnt show up for the draft for and so that team is now doing very bad. But what strikes me is that some of ya say it takes some of the enjoyment out of watchin the NFL cuz i have to cheer for everyone and it is kind of true. But when i looked at my teams i saw how similar lots of them were. In 7 of the 11 (not including the one i dont care about) i have Peyton Manning as my startin QB, and other roster spots are very similar as well.

But the reasons on why i joined so many is:

I love NFL drafts... they are sooo freakin fun...

I HATE how in some leagues EVERYONE is SOOOO QUIET and i'm the only one talking and noone else talks but yet lots of them do make roster moves they just dont talk even when i ask them to trash talk. So since i'm in so many leagues there are some leagues where everyone talks and some where some talk. Its more fun like that

If i have a team that sucks i can always cheer for the others. Fortunately for me almost all my teams have been awesome.

And ya know i never even knew fantasy football and basketball and all this stuff existed. My friend mentioned it one time and i thought, man what a retard, this dude has no life, all he does is fantasy football. And here i am, now i'm all into it becuz i joined one league and got so addicted... almost as addicted as i got to CounterStrike(other story).

I would like to join only 2 or 3 leagues next year so i can actually have some1 to cheer for rather than cheering for everyone. But chances are i'm gonna have one draft, get hooked, and join 12 again. I can't do any more than 12 though, cuz 12 is enough for me.

I am also paying for what happened though. Cuz i have never tried Fantasy Basketball before either. So guess what, i joined 12 basketball leagues, man was that a mistake. i was checking on every single team for the first 2 days and gave up. Basketball unlike football is everyday. So i will definitely never make that mistake again. Since now the owners are mad at me for not checking up on my teams any more. But dang thats just to much for me... maybe when football is over. And basketball is not as fun either. AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

FANTASY FOOTBALL IS DEFINITELY THE BEST FANTASY SPORT TO PLAY!!! i gotta check on each team only once a week.

and thats all i gotta say... thx for all the feedback it was interesting reading all yur replies
Last edited by DiRtY BuCs on Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:39 pm

This is only my 2nd year enjoying ff and time restrictions have limited me to one team a season. I don't think I would ever have over 3-5 teams for the reasons that have been stated, it would just dilute my pleasure. My ultimate plan is to find different types of leagues and stay in the ones that have active ownership (but not too smart ownership!) and rules that suit my tastes. I would love to get involved in a cafe` league, there would be no ghost teams!
I also want to say that I am not an addict, I can quit anytime I want! ;-)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan5328 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:13 pm

In the past I've been in 8 or so leagues (but only one money league). I found it to be more of a hassle than it was worth. This year I only did the one money league and found it alot easier to track my players and enjoyed watching the games more.

The Mofos (7-6)
Ten team league
QB's:Pennington*, Plummer (start 1)
RB's:Tomlinson*, Deuce*, Shipp, Dillon (start 2)
WR's:Coles*, S. Moss*, Glenn*, Streets, Branch (start three)
Kickers: Josh Brown*, Gary Anderson (start 1)
Defense: Minnesota, Houston, New Orleans (start 1, play matchups with this position)
Dan5328
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk