Trade Shady McCoy/Big Ben 4 Stafford/Mendenhall? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Shady McCoy/Big Ben 4 Stafford/Mendenhall?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Trade Shady McCoy?

Postby TaDa » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:46 pm

I've tried. Owners of Brady and Rodgers both said no. Owner of Brees hasn't returned my email. Newton is #4 QB in the league, and Stafford is #5.

For reference, Brady has 166 pts so far, Rodgers 158, Brees 152, Newton 141, Stafford 123. After that, Romo, Rivers and Hasselbeck top out the top 8 above 100 points for the year so far.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TaDa » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:57 pm

I just offered the owner of Rivers a trade of his Rivers/Hillis/Hardesty for my McCoy and Grossman. If he counters with Big Ben, what do you guys think?
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:03 pm

TaDa wrote:I just offered the owner of Rivers a trade of his Rivers/Hillis/Hardesty for my McCoy and Grossman. If he counters with Big Ben, what do you guys think?

I think at this point Ben/Grossman are about equals. Its not about what did you do last year, its about what are you doing. Rivers is a fantasy stud. Sure you lose out a bit going from McCoy to Hillis. They also said they are going to give Hillis the rock more.

So it comes down to will Rivers cover the spread of McCoy to Hillis. I think he will.

Im finally learning this year playing fantasy that its all about the QBs and WRs now.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cubsfan2803 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:15 pm

I wouldn't do this, McCoy is to good and consistent and Mendenhal is not. The loss you take at RB is just to big. As hard as it may be I would go after someone else, If Brady, Brees, and Rodgers said no, then Go after Rivers or Romo. I also believe that Newton will cool off to be around the 10th best QB by the end of the year, not worth the cost of a potential top 5 player.
Cubsfan2803
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby pommona22 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:17 am

Thanks for help with mine
Shady is a fantasy stud id target low tier 1 such as Brees rivers romo, mendy is worrying me as well too this year so your hit is wayy too big id try and package Big ben and Shady for a QB1 with a RB2 if u really want help but i would really try and keep shady
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby zechs » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:36 am

I think the McCoy for Mendy + Newton is a fair deal.
Yes, it's risky but the Pittsburgh offense IMO has been one of the good/great offenses for the last couple of seasons. If Pittsburgh fixes its O-Line issues then you're golden with Big Ben and Mendy as starters.

Newton will be inconsistent but it's obvious Carolina's offense is riding on Newton's athleticism and has essentially been their goal-line back on top of being their QB.

With that said, I probably would field other offers first before considering this deal. McCoy has been a top-3 back IMO this season and should get you back a QB1 no worse than lets say a Ryan Fitzpatrick and a high-end RB2 with RB1 upside.

Thanks for your help with mine.
14tm. PPR+IDP+return-yds. league
QB-Cam
RB-Shady,DMartin WR-JulioJ,Colston,VJax
TE-Finley K & IDP-[streaming]
BN-JStewart,MReece,Britt,Amendola,BMyers,Kaepernick,BryceB
zechs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JP555 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:04 am

Rivers has been known to turn it up as the year progresses, and the dude is a competitor, I just don't see him struggling all year. Mendy has not looked good, least of all last game against Houston. A TD run, great, otherwise he was barely getting past the line of scrimmage. He could turn it around, but for McCoy? No thanks. If anything go w/ the Rivers/Hillis deal, but you might want to try to shop McCoy around more since I think he could command some pretty great players.

any advice? viewtopic.php?t=501496
JP555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TaDa » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:27 am

Since I just declined, the other owner is now willing to trade Stafford, if I trade him back Big Ben.

Trade would be Stafford and Mendenhall for Shady and Big Ben.

I think that this is a fair trade. What say you?

That would give me Stafford and Grossman as QBs and Mendenhall and Bradshaw as RB w/ Grant, Starks or Redman at flex.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RedBirdChica » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:48 am

That is a fair trade.

You're getting a solid (potentially top 5) QB and a flex for your solid RB1 and a shaky bench option. I don't like Mendy, but he'll get his touches.

Do it!
RedBirdChica
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 44)

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:59 am

Cam looks like the real deal, but menstrual doesn't and that Steelers o line is atrocious. I would shop shady, but I would want more then cam and mendy for him.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions