Ponders for Next Season! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ponders for Next Season!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ponders for Next Season!

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:35 pm

I'm thinking from a more fantasy derived standpoint. I'll be having the 11th or 12th pick in the draft next year, what runningbacks would be there and should be picked up?

Yes, I know its long, but if you're interested, please read.

Here are my ponders for next year:

Ricky Williams. When do you draft him? He's been no where near the back of last year. Will he rebound? Is he a top 10 back? Will he be a #1 or #2 Rb?

Travis Henry. About as sparratic as David Boston. Will he start all 16 games? Get hurt? Benched? Is it already McGahee's turn?

Shaun Alexander. Slumped this year compared to last, but consistantly puts up 10-14 points a week. What is his true potential? Is the emergance of a passing game actually hurting him? When Seattle get up big, they put in Morris in so no garbage points for Shaun. Will he be a #1 or #2 Rb?

Fred Taylor. Finally injury free? Will he get the oppertunities to perform to his potential? What IS his potential now?

Stephen Davis. Will he remain the 30 carry a game focal point next year as well? Will another year on his brow affect his game at all? He is getting older.

Dunn or Duckett? Are either worthy of being a #2 RB? Will one finally seize the job for themselves? Dunn was looking solid until he got hurt, did he lose his chance?

Corey Dillon. Wherever he ends up, what do you think he'll do? I'm thinking (and hoping) Dallas. Is he still the Pro Bowl back regardless of the mouth? He didn't do much this year cause he didn't get the rock enough. What happens when he does?

Rudi Johnson. Is he the real deal? Will he continue what he did for so short a span? When yould you draft the kid? A #2 RB or a #3?

Domanick Davis. Same with Rudi, except I think he has a better chance of continuing his ways. But when do you draft him or even rnak him?

How would you rank these RBs on your draft sheet? Are any of them #1 RBs? Who has the best chance to break out?

Michael Vick. What will he do next year? Worthy of a 2nd round pick?

Donavin McNabb. Once a FF God, now close to mediocrity. Will that continue next year?

Torry Holt. He put up huge numbers this year, but his yards have always been over 1300. The main difference is 10 TDs in 13 weeks. But this was when Faulk was out. Ever since Marshall has been back, I don't think Holt has caught a TD. Will a healthy Faulk next year hurt his TD totals?

Eric Moulds. Huge bust this year, the loss of Price HURT! Is he even worthy of a #2 WR spot next year? He has done jack sh!t this year. Will he ever recover? When would you draft him?

Plaxico Burress. Almost as big a bust as Moulds. Ward is the man in Pitt. Plax owners have learned that the hard way. But he seems to be coming on a little stronger at the end of the year. When would you draft him?

David Boston. People have meen making fun of him all year long, poor Mr. Buston. But actually, his numbers aren't half bad. His problem is that his 100 yard TD games are followed up by 20 yard games the next week. His numbers are the most up and down than anyone I know this year, but he is still avergaing over 9 points a game and has HUGE potential. Worthy of a #2 WR I think.

I could go on and on... I know it's long, but just a reminder about how wacky this year of NFL has been.
Nick

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby CC » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:53 pm

okay a super long post, but im going to be the great person that i am and respond.

ricky williams: ranked probably about 7th or 8th for me next year
travis henry: will be good on buffalo or w/e he gets traded
shaun alexander: i dont like him, not many yards, overrated
fred taylor: looks good, looks DAMN good
stephen davis: good for next year, not for after that
dunn or duckett: dunn, duckett is a fat pig
corey dillon: good on dallas, risky anywhere else
rudi: looks to be a shaky #2 or a very solid #3
dom davis: hollings a bit of a threat, same as above
vick: love him to death, way too much chance of injury, 4th round
mcnabb: i am keeping him (12 keepers) and hope he will return to being a fantasy god, with the addition of a reciever, top 5 QB
torry holt: amazing yardage 8 or 9 tds next year, top 5 reciever
eric moulds: will bounce back, on the downside of career
plaxico: personally i think he will be amazing, i may eat my words though
david boston: in 2001, only 4 games under 80 yards, if they get a better QB than brees (even flutie) he will a be a great player
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mudd » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:15 pm

ricky williams: I think Ricky will still be a #1 back next year

travis henry: I don't have much faith in Henry. Fumble proned and a huge talent will be breathing down his neck next year. A nice #3 imo

shaun alexander: he's the ultimate #2. Puts up decent #'s and will have one or two bust out games a year

fred taylor: It appears he has found a dedication to the game, and rehab, that he didn't have in years previous. I think he will be a nice #1 and a GREAT #2 next year.

stephen davis: If Jacksonville can go get him some help, he could be productive for probably 2 more years max. After that, he's just getting too old.

dunn or duckett: I want nothing to do with either of these guys. Plenty of other options out there.

corey dillon: Dillon would be perfect in Dallas, or really anywhere that the coach won't put up with his bs. I think he will have a good season next year. He definitely has something to prove.

rudi: I agree, decent #2 and a great #3

dom davis: I think Davis will be a solid #1 rb next year. A guy that's worth a 1st round pick, but you could probably get as late as the 4th.

vick: He either has to change his style a bit, or he will get injured often.

mcnabb: Until Philly gets McNabb a premire wr, I wouldn't waste my time on him. But they get him someone in the offseason, I'd look for a huge year next year.

torry holt: He's solidfied his place up there with the premire ff wr's in the game, and even replacing TO this year.

eric moulds: He'll be a good #2 next year. I don't think the loss of Price has hurt him that much. I really believe it's that nagging groin injury. He started out the season the Moulds of old, then got hurt. I think he has two solid years left to be a decent #1 and solid #2.

plaxico: His success depends on Maddux and the O line. Maddux has to have time for Burress to get down the feild and get open. The play action pass always helped him as well. If the Steelers can get someone to help block, and solidify their run game, he will be back. He is just too talented to waste away.

david boston: This is all on Brees, NOT Boston. Even Jake Plummer could get the guy the ball. Brees is just gawd awful, and as long as he is the starter, Boston is worthless.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Buckychudd » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:56 pm

Mudd wrote:stephen davis: If Jacksonville can go get him some help, he could be productive for probably 2 more years max. After that, he's just getting too old.

Of course he plays for Carolina.....but otherwise. ;-7
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:47 pm

I'm going to have the last pick of the 1st round next year in my 12 team keeper league and the 1st pick in the 2nd round. What 2 RBs should I look to draft that might be around then? My league is RB crazy and usually all of them are gone by round 4 or 5 and at around 8 or 9 people start drafting Larry Johnson, Labrandon Toefield, and Avian Cason. I really like Dom Davis, but is drafting him with the first pick in round 1 too early and is waiting till the last pick of round 3 too late?
Nick

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:46 am

Nick wrote:I'm going to have the last pick of the 1st round next year in my 12 team keeper league and the 1st pick in the 2nd round. What 2 RBs should I look to draft that might be around then? My league is RB crazy and usually all of them are gone by round 4 or 5 and at around 8 or 9 people start drafting Larry Johnson, Labrandon Toefield, and Avian Cason. I really like Dom Davis, but is drafting him with the first pick in round 1 too early and is waiting till the last pick of round 3 too late?

I think you will have to use one of your 1st 2 picks on DD if you want him. I'm not sure why so many people are down on him after the numbers he's put up but enough people are on his bandwagon (like me) that SOMEONE will pick him up before the 3rd round - especially with Mack heading out. If you get him, just grab Hollings late as a handcuff.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:42 am

Gunslinger wrote:
Nick wrote:I'm going to have the last pick of the 1st round next year in my 12 team keeper league and the 1st pick in the 2nd round. What 2 RBs should I look to draft that might be around then? My league is RB crazy and usually all of them are gone by round 4 or 5 and at around 8 or 9 people start drafting Larry Johnson, Labrandon Toefield, and Avian Cason. I really like Dom Davis, but is drafting him with the first pick in round 1 too early and is waiting till the last pick of round 3 too late?

I think you will have to use one of your 1st 2 picks on DD if you want him. I'm not sure why so many people are down on him after the numbers he's put up but enough people are on his bandwagon (like me) that SOMEONE will pick him up before the 3rd round - especially with Mack heading out. If you get him, just grab Hollings late as a handcuff.

I like to refer to that as a crazy man pick however. DD in the first round? Get out of here. I think he will be damn good next year, but c'mon. Have we forgotten William Green already?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:08 am

KingGhidra wrote:I like to refer to that as a crazy man pick however. DD in the first round? Get out of here. I think he will be damn good next year, but c'mon. Have we forgotten William Green already?

Keep in mind he was asking if the last pick in the 3rd round would be too late to pick up DD. I was just stating that if he wanted to get him he'd probably have to use one of his early picks on him. I doubt he'll last until the last pick of the 3rd round in many drafts next year. I actually would expect to see him go between mid 2nd and mid 3rd round next season in most drafts. And I do think there's a major difference between DD and Green. DD has put up solid numbers every chance he's had where Green showed his mediocre colors early and often last year.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nick » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:31 pm

Would Marcell Shipp be out there at the end of round 3, you think?
Nick

Postby Go Vikes » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:34 pm

I think Edge will be the top back. Onterrio would be a good late round sleeper pick. If you get return yards even better. I think he will be used more next year.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk