Ponders for Next Season! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ponders for Next Season!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:37 pm

I'm curious to see where Rudi Johnson ends up in the rankings in August next year...guy's got some talent in a team that wins the most improved award - will the Bengals ride the wave of momentum into next year?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:54 pm

id like to hear everyones projections for each position this year and ill make mine in a min but for a few ?'s first..

What is the top 5 order for rb's?

Where do u start taking a qb?

When would you draft a guy like Pennington or Hasselbeck?

Who are some big sleepers?

My top 10's for next year
Top 10 Qbs:
1) Manning
2) McNair
3) Vick
4) Hasselbeck
5) Bulger
6) Pennington
7) Culpepper
8) Brady
9) Kitna
10) T Green

Top 10 Rb's
1) Priest
2) Deuce
3) Ahman
4) Portis
5) LT
6) Jamal Lewis
7) Faulk (Marshall of course)
8) S Davis
9) Edge (assuming he can stay healthy)
10) Shaun Alexander

Top 10 WR's
1) Randy Moss
2) Harrison
3) Holt
4) Chad Johnson
5) TO
6) Hines Ward
7) Santana Moss
8) Coles
9) price (if vick stays healthy)
10) pick 1
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:49 pm

QB
1. Culpepper - What Vick aspires to be.
2. Manning - Football's 2nd best leader and maybe its best passer.
3. McNair - The best leader.
4. Pennington - Imagine what he'll do given an entire season.
5. Hasselbeck - Dynamic offense, great coach.
6. Vick - Lots of uncertainty
7. Bulger - Fun 'n' gun.
8. Brad Johnson - I think these numbers are for real.

Trent Green, Tom Drady, and Jon Kitna aresolid late rounders, but I wouldn't expect them to come close to their 2003 umbers in 2004.

RB
1. Priest
2. Clinton
3. Deuce
4. Stephen - That commitment to the run is a really good thing.
5. Ahman - Like Priest, he runs and catches. But he fumbles.
6. LaDanian
7. Jamal
8. Michael (Bennett) - Should be a bargain in next year's draft.
9. Edge - Ditto.
10. Shaun
Honorable Mention: Marshall

I agree with Eat My Shorts. There are 10 RBs with whom we should all be on a first name basis come draft time next summer. I just don't think Marshall is necessarily one of them. I'd even rate Travis higher than Marshall but for the Willis factor in Buffalo.

WR
1. Randy
2. Torry
3. Santana
4. Chad
5. Marvin
6. Hines

These six stand apart for me. T.O. could be among these guys, but there's a good chance he'll be with a new team. That could help him or hurt him. Either way, he'd have to learn a new system. The Niners offense is hurting right now so if he stays that's not necessarily much better for him. I'd downgrade Marvin based on this year. The Colts offense has been rolling right along, but they're spreading it out more to Wayne and the oter WRs, the TEs, and Edge.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Azrael » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:07 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:2004

QB
4. Pennington - Imagine what he'll do given an entire season.

Wes,

you hit the nail on the head. I'm going to love to have Penny next year and hoping he's downgraded for only playing half the season. Go ahead and take C-Pep, Manning, Vick, Bulger, Hass, McNair and anyone else in front of him. Go right ahead. I'm also going to be looking out for McNabb next year. They get him one go to wideout OWENS!?!?!?! next year and he'll be dynamite again.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby JEB » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:59 pm

Azrael wrote:

They get him one go to wideout OWENS!?!?!?! next year and he'll be dynamite again.

Azrael, are you suggesting that T.Owens may be headed to Phily next year?
JEB
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:38 pm

Honorable Mention: Marshall

I agree with Eat My Shorts. There are 10 RBs with whom we should all be on a first name basis come draft time next summer. I just don't think Marshall is necessarily one of them. I'd even rate Travis higher than Marshall but for the Willis factor in Buffalo.

WR
1. Randy
2. Torry
3. Santana
4. Chad
5. Marvin
6. Hines

Ok, first off. If anyone goes into draft day and drafts Michael bennett before Marshall Faulk he will be laughed out of the draft. Marshall is w.o a doubt a top 5 back and if you've got the 8th or 9th pick and he's out there and you don't grab him, you have only yourself to blame.

Second. If you draft either Santana Moss or Chad Johnson (both decent recievers) before Marvin Harrison, you are just plain ignorant of football. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. Sure they may be hot now and posting comparable numbers to him, but you know one year ain't nothing in football and Marvin has produced every year to a pro bowl caliber.

Friendliness: %

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:08 pm

guest wrote:Ok, first off. If anyone goes into draft day and drafts Michael bennett before Marshall Faulk he will be laughed out of the draft. Marshall is w.o a doubt a top 5 back and if you've got the 8th or 9th pick and he's out there and you don't grab him, you have only yourself to blame.

Second. If you draft either Santana Moss or Chad Johnson (both decent recievers) before Marvin Harrison, you are just plain ignorant of football. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. Sure they may be hot now and posting comparable numbers to him, but you know one year ain't nothing in football and Marvin has produced every year to a pro bowl caliber.

Thanks guest.

This is just how I rate them for my own draft next year. Don't sweat it though, someone will surely pick Marshall Faulk before I get the chance to consider either him or Bennett. Same for Harrison. Those are just two guys whose value I see falling, not rising. You wanna pick Faulk in the first round and spoil it for me? Be my guest, guest.

Maybe Faulk will put up better numbers than Bennett next year, but Bennett is much better value. As far as Marvin having a better year than Chad or Santana next year, I'd say that's very improbable. Not that Chad or Santana will be undervalued in next year's draft -- those guys are the future of the NFL, let alone their respective franchises, and the secret's out.

Harrison and Faulk are a couple of 30-year-olds who have been playing on carpet their whole careers. These other guys I mention are the future.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby CC » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:04 pm

I like this little debate we have going now, kind of like a potential vs. proven production thing. I think that Harrison is a better pickup than either of those guys but dont expect him to keep producing like last year. also, i think i would consider taking michael bennett ahead of faulk b/c faulk has always been overrated and hes getting pretty old. and please dont bring up faulk last weekend b/c it was vs. minnesota
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:17 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:...and please dont bring up faulk last weekend b/c it was vs. minnesota

Nobody seemed to notice how bad Minnesota's D was when they were pinning 40 points up on the board every week, but now that the offense has calmed down, it's apparent to everyone that the D sucks like last year.

Imagine if they got their act together on D -- then they'd be a Super Bowl calibre team.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Azrael » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:22 am

JEB wrote:
Azrael wrote:

They get him one go to wideout OWENS!?!?!?! next year and he'll be dynamite again.

Azrael, are you suggesting that T.Owens may be headed to Phily next year?

I'm just using Owens as an example of a good receiver who would really supplement McNabbs game.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk