Ponders for Next Season! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ponders for Next Season!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CtheRose » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:35 pm

First of all, Faulk is a great RB, he would be a great fantasy RB if he can avoid injuries, which is a big if. If Faulk can avoid injuries he is without a doubt a top 3 RB next year. I drafted his in 4 of my 7 leagues this year and still managed to lock up #1 spot in 3 of the 4, so i know what i am talking about.

Also, why are people dissing on Shaun Alexander and saying he is overrated(Canadian Cheesehead) and saying that he is disappointing compared to last year(Nick), and saying that he is only a decent back with one or 2 breakout games a year? (Mudd) That is all BS. Shaun already has 1330+ yards and 11 touchdowns with 4 games left to go.

Why dont you guys just go sit in the corner and think about that for a while.
Last edited by CtheRose on Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Listen to what i have to say-
7 leagues, 7 playoff appearances this year.
CtheRose
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:45 pm

I am in a keeper league and I have Marvin. I agree that his value may ne going down. Think I should offer him and a bench guy for Randy Moss. I want to do it, but I thought I should get an unbiased opinion.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Ronald » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:54 pm

Zimm - if you can get Randy Moss for Marvin and another guy you aren't considering keeping, I would go for it.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. - John Wooden
Ronald
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tjhksig » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:38 am

Shaun Alexander is the truth. Top 5 RB next year.
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:14 am

[quote="M_Zimm"]I am in a keeper league and I have Marvin. I agree that his value may ne going down. Think I should offer him and a bench guy for Randy Moss. I want to

Well, it techinally depends on the bench guy but generally, I'd do that.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CtheRose » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:49 am

First of all, Faulk is a great RB, he would be a great fantasy RB if he can avoid injuries, which is a big if. If Faulk can avoid injuries he is without a doubt a top 3 RB next year. I drafted his in 4 of my 7 leagues this year and still managed to lock up #1 spot in 3 of the 4, so i know what i am talking about.

Also, why are people dissing on Shaun Alexander and saying he is overrated(Canadian Cheesehead) and saying that he is disappointing compared to last year(Nick), and saying that he is only a decent back with one or 2 breakout games a year? (Mudd) That is all BS. Shaun already has 1330+ yards and 11 touchdowns with 4 games left to go.

Why dont you guys just go sit in the corner and think about that for a while.
-Listen to what i have to say-
7 leagues, 7 playoff appearances this year.
CtheRose
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:03 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:I am in a keeper league and I have Marvin. I agree that his value may ne going down. Think I should offer him and a bench guy for Randy Moss. I want to

As most of you know, in my league you get a free rookie for a keeper. We can also keep guys that have been in the league for 1 years prior. I am keeping Portis but have Andre Johnson also. I think I am going to offer Harrison and Andre for Moss. The trade deadline is past though, so I will have to wait until after the Super Bowl which is week 16.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:06 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:I am in a keeper league and I have Marvin. I agree that his value may ne going down. Think I should offer him and a bench guy for Randy Moss. I want to

As most of you know, in my league you get a free rookie for a keeper. We can also keep guys that have been in the league for 1 years prior. I am keeping Portis but have Andre Johnson also. I think I am going to offer Harrison and Andre for Moss. The trade deadline is past though, so I will have to wait until after the Super Bowl which is week 16.

In that case, I'd probably do the trade. If you aren't going to be able to hang onto Andre anyway, you might as well go for the upgraded keeper. So you would keep Portis, Moss, and who?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:10 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:

In that case, I'd probably do the trade. If you aren't going to be able to hang onto Andre anyway, you might as well go for the upgraded keeper. So you would keep Portis, Moss, and who?

I would be keeping Portis, Moss, and Henry. I am also trying to trade McNair and my first pick in the draft for Ricky Will. I am not sure if he will do it. If not I will keep McNair probably also. I may also be able to trade McNair for Santana Moss if I can't get Rick.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mtarail » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:36 pm

Obviously it will depend on who's available then--I'd expect Taylor and Davis to be gone. If they are around, get 'em. Henry, Ricky, and Alexander whould also be solid picks if they last that long. In a keeper legaue I'd probably grab Moss if he's still available when your pick comes.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk