Should I make this trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I make this trade?

Postby pjs3434 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:29 pm

I have been offered

Brandon Lloyd or Marquis Colston

in exchange for

Stevan Ridley and Lance Moore.

I am debating this as my WR pool is weak, I have Reggie Wayne, A.J. Green, Percy Harvin & Lance Moore.

My backs are D. Williams, K. Moreno, R. Rice, K. Hunter & Stevan Ridley.
pjs3434
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I make this trade?

Postby leftovers » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:47 pm

This is not a good trade for you. Your WRs and RBs are both extremely thin (besides Rice) but lloyd or colston are not the answer. Both are injury risks and not even great weekly starters when they play. I like your idea to package Ridley and Moore for an upgrade but this is not the upgrade you want. Id look for a RB upgrade as I think you need another warm body to plug in there before you start worrying about 3rd tier WRs. Starting any of those RBs besides Rice will probably be a disaster most weeks. Your top 3 WRs, while not great, will at least prob snag you some consistent points. Find a guy deep at RB and target like a beanie wells type or another solid RB that may not be starting for their fantasy owner. Even those 2 dudes for like a sproles or tolbert would be an improvement albeit not ideal. You may need to sweeten the pot with a WR better than Moore to get a beanie type in which case I think you probably should do so. Marching Deangelo or Knowshon out there each week is not going to get you paid. Do that trade for a solid 2nd RB then try to improve your 3rd WR via WW (get like a Cruz or even a Torrey type who has some upside) or trade a backup QB or TE or something to improve your WRs (you didnt post your roster so I dont know who you have). Good luck brah
leftovers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I make this trade?

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:59 am

I hope that's not all your RBs...even still I love this deal for you. Picking up two stud WR will help your team. A WR core of Green/Colston/Lloyd/Wayne/Harvin = very solid.
Post your complete roster and FA RBs (other positions if you need help)
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions