Arian/Nicks or Forte/Megatron? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Arian/Nicks or Forte/Megatron? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Arian/Nicks or Forte/Megatron? WHIR

Postby JJGBPD » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:41 pm

Which combo would you rather have?? Thanks!

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Beanie Wells
WR - Hakeem Nicks
WR - Desean Jackson
TE - Jimmy Smith
Flex - Shonn Greene
K - Neil Rackers
D - Steelers
BN - Pierre Thomas
BN - CJ Spiller
BN - Robert Meacham
BN - Dexter McCluster
BN - Lance Moore
BN - Danny Amendola
JJGBPD
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Arian/Nicks or Forte/Megatron? WHIR

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Wow thats close. The Lions schedule gets MUCH harder coming up here. I think I would rather have Foster/Nicks.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jwinslow » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:58 pm

Forte Megatron. your receivers are really rough.

Megatron has four times as many TDs, and,catches nicks' season total every single week

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=501625
jwinslow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TugzMcBoat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:03 pm

close but the more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards Forte/Megatron

Megatron is the best bar non. He gets yards and is the best red-zone WR in the game right now, Forte's yardage production has been fantastic and I expect him to get to some more scores in the red-zone especially since he's improved as a pass catcher

Andre Johnson is out so foster is going to start seeing a lot of '8 men in the box' formations until they can prove they're a legitimate passing threat

I would make that trade
10 team standard- passing TD's = 6pts
QB: Stafford
RB: R. Matthews, A. Bradshaw, I. Redmann, B. Tate, CJ Spiller,
WR: G. Jennings, A. Johnson, E. Decker, T. Smith, K. Britt, M. Crabtree
TE: J. Tamme
DEF: Philly
start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:05 pm

TugzMcBoat wrote:close but the more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards Forte/Megatron

Megatron is the best bar non. He gets yards and is the best red-zone WR in the game right now, Forte's yardage production has been fantastic and I expect him to get to some more scores in the red-zone especially since he's improved as a pass catcher

Andre Johnson is out so foster is going to start seeing a lot of '8 men in the box' formations until they can prove they're a legitimate passing threat

I would make that trade

It wont matter if they put 8 in the box. That O line is awesome. The pushed Pitt around this week and still looked good even after Andre went out. All you need to have a decent passing game is a great running game, and they have that. Sure, losing Andre hurts. They still have other WR, Daniels, and dont forget about Foster.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TugzMcBoat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:05 pm

true, but Schaub, with the exception of one season, was never one to really sling it out a bunch. If i recall the stat i read earlier today correctly, if Andre Johnson was out of the starting lineup Schaub averaged a little less than 200 yards a game, or something similar to that.

it gonna hurt Foster much? probably not as much as initially pointed out, but I'm willing to bet his numbers go down because of it (especially if Tate comes back)

this trade is really close to begin with, I think this just helps push the envelope into making the trade
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:22 pm

TugzMcBoat wrote:true, but Schaub, with the exception of one season, was never one to really sling it out a bunch. If i recall the stat i read earlier today correctly, if Andre Johnson was out of the starting lineup Schaub averaged a little less than 200 yards a game, or something similar to that.

it gonna hurt Foster much? probably not as much as initially pointed out, but I'm willing to bet his numbers go down because of it (especially if Tate comes back)

this trade is really close to begin with, I think this just helps push the envelope into making the trade

I dont see how Tate coming back has anything to do with this. When Foster and Tate were both somewhat healthy, week 2 and week 4, look at the touches. Week 2, Foster 10, Tate 2. Week 4, Foster 7, Tate 2.. They're committed to Foster and he's quite obviously a more dynamic back then Tate.

as for the trade, I dont think you can do this, you're WR depth is much better then you're RB depth. You cant give up the best player in the league to get the a, in my opinion, slight upgrade at WR. Granted Megatron is better then Nicks, but I dont think that gap is as big as the gap between Foster and Forte. Now if this were ppr, it would be much much closer, but I still dont think I'd do it.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=501653
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby TugzMcBoat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:35 pm

prophecy135 wrote:I dont see how Tate coming back has anything to do with this. When Foster and Tate were both somewhat healthy, week 2 and week 4, look at the touches. Week 2, Foster 10, Tate 2. Week 4, Foster 7, Tate 2.. They're committed to Foster and he's quite obviously a more dynamic back then Tate.

I think you gotta throw out week 2, He started the first series and then came out. We haven't seen yet how the Texans are planning to use their backs; whether Tate is used as a change of pace or will actually come in for a full series to give foster a breather has remained to be seen because the games they've both been in one of them was out before the 1st quarter ended. Tate has been very productive and they will use him. will it be a time share? No, but something to the effect of a 75/25 split or something close to it- absolutely.

The main point i'm trying to argue is that people shouldn't expect Foster to be the true workhorse he was last season, he's going to lose some of his carries. Is he going to finish outside of the Top 7 from here on out, probably not, but his value has declined slightly...enough so that it makes this trade, along with a few other factors, a yes for me
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:51 pm

I think you gotta throw out week 2, He started the first series and then came out. We haven't seen yet how the Texans are planning to use their backs; whether Tate is used as a change of pace or will actually come in for a full series to give foster a breather has remained to be seen because the games they've both been in one of them was out before the 1st quarter ended. Tate has been very productive and they will use him. will it be a time share? No, but something to the effect of a 75/25 split or something close to it- absolutely.

I think we are just going to agree to disagree.. In week 2 Foster played the entire first half and had 70% of the touches, I think week 4 is more of a throwaway sample since Tate really only had 1 touch before he was out. So far, I have seen no evidence that the Texans will do anything but give Foster the majority of the carries and whoever the backup is a series or partial series to give Foster a breather.

IF this is a ppr league, I say its 50/50, if you really want Megatron and feel okay with having a minor downgrade to Forte, I would really concider this. If its standard I dont think I would do this.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby TugzMcBoat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:58 pm

prophecy135 wrote:IF this is a ppr league, I say its 50/50, if you really want Megatron and feel okay with having a minor downgrade to Forte, I would really concider this. If its standard I dont think I would do this.

well how much of an upgrade do you see Megatron to Nicks? I think that difference is bigger than between Forte and Foster
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next