Should I give Tom Brady for Adrian Peterson? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Should I give Tom Brady for Adrian Peterson? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I give Tom Brady for Adrian Peterson? WHIR

Postby Kale Stille » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:48 pm

This trade was just offered to me: I give Tom Brady, I get Adrian Peterson. Here's the league details:

My current team:
QB: Brady/Flacco
WR: D. Jackson/M. Wallace/A. Boldin/S. Holmes/D. Moore
RB: C. Johnson/A. Bradshaw/T. Hightower/J. Stewart/B. Tate
TE: Keller/Davis

Our league starts 1 QB/3 WR/2 RB/1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)
25 passing yards per 1 point, passing TDs are 4 points, 10 rushing/receiving yards per 1 point, rushing/receiving TDs are 6 points, 0.25 PPR.
10 team league.
QBs on waiver wire include Freeman, Jackson, Campbell, McCoy, Smith, Grossman

It would be awesome to have CJ and AP, especially if CJ gets his game together...and I feel like the points I'd gain from starting AP over Hightower/Stewart/Tate would outweigh the points I'd lose by starting Flacco or a waiver pickup instead of Brady. I'm also getting tired of having to play the guessing game between Hightower/Stewart/Tate for the Flex spot (mainly because all three share touches with another player or two). But Brady has been on FIRE, and if I trade him, then I will have to get into the week by week guessing game between Flacco and whoever I pick up off waivers.

Any advice is greatly appreciated - thanks!
Kale Stille
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I give Tom Brady for Adrian Peterson? WHIR

Postby toobitter » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:54 pm

if passing TD's were worth 6, i'd say don't go near this deal.
the way it is, it's kind of a toss up.
brady could win your games, whereas AP is more a steady points guy.
add to this the fact that johnson still hasn't performed and your RB situation looks iffier without AP.

who is this guy's QB right now?

lil help
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=501651
toobitter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Kale Stille » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:11 pm

toobitter wrote:who is this guy's QB right now?

He's got Cutler and Bradford - my guess is he would drop Bradford, and start Brady all games except for his bye. His RB core is Peterson, Forte, P. Thomas, and M. Bush - so he would be very short on good RBs (past Forte) if this trade went through.
Kale Stille
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby toobitter » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:19 pm

think you could pry cutler from him in the deal.
perhaps throw in one of your lesser backs? stewart? tate?
i feel like i could get behind this deal more if you had flacco AND cutler to rotate.
toobitter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kale Stille » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:28 pm

toobitter wrote:think you could pry cutler from him in the deal.
perhaps throw in one of your lesser backs? stewart? tate?
i feel like i could get behind this deal more if you had flacco AND cutler to rotate.

You think Cutler is a better long term option than some of the people available on Waivers? (I was looking Freeman, and his consistency thus far). I would have completely agreed with you up until this week, where his 3 points against Carolina made me wonder...
Kale Stille
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:44 pm

I think you do it, you cant just grab a RB talent off the wire that would be even 50% of what AD can put up week in and week out, where as with Brady, Culter/Freeman and even Bradford I feel could put up 70% or higher of Brady. You're really strengthening your team, and if Freeman is available, grab him and play matchups between him and Flacco. Although if Freeman puts up some more games like he did last night, with fewer mistakes, he's your every week starter.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby waterserpent » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:52 pm

its a good trade, but i dont think it makes sense for you. youre only starting two running backs. if cj2k can bounce back, you'd be leaving bradshaw on the bench. brady can give you much more points than someone like flacco or cutler
waterserpent
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Kale Stille » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:55 pm

waterserpent wrote:its a good trade, but i dont think it makes sense for you. youre only starting two running backs. if cj2k can bounce back, you'd be leaving bradshaw on the bench. brady can give you much more points than someone like flacco or cutler

We start 2 RBs, and a Flex. Sometimes I flex in Holmes/Boldin if I don't like any of my RB matchups. But this week I will probably be forced to start Stewart at Flex, with Foster back (bad for Tate), and Hightower injured. If I got AP, I would consistently start AP+CJ at RB spots, and Bradshaw at Flex.
Kale Stille
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby toobitter » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:33 pm

no question you'd be starting CJ, AP and bradshaw in that flex.

somehow i missed freeman before. if he's on the wire, i'd just go ahead and do the deal. rotating those 2 guys should get you plenty of decent games. especially if the bucs offense picks up and williams starts catching balls again.
toobitter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby waterserpent » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Kale Stille wrote:
waterserpent wrote:its a good trade, but i dont think it makes sense for you. youre only starting two running backs. if cj2k can bounce back, you'd be leaving bradshaw on the bench. brady can give you much more points than someone like flacco or cutler

We start 2 RBs, and a Flex. Sometimes I flex in Holmes/Boldin if I don't like any of my RB matchups. But this week I will probably be forced to start Stewart at Flex, with Foster back (bad for Tate), and Hightower injured. If I got AP, I would consistently start AP+CJ at RB spots, and Bradshaw at Flex.

ok, didn't see that. i think you should do the trade then
waterserpent
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions