DEF and Kicker question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

DEF and Kicker question

Moderator: Football Moderators

DEF and Kicker question

Postby introspect » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 pm

8 team standard head-to-head yahoo league

- dropping Hightower for Jermaine Gresham (Witten has a Bye week, need a TE)
- drop Hanson or Bryant?! to add Michael Bush as a handcuff to MJD
- drop Pittsburgh DEF?! for either TEN, SF, CIN?

QB: Romo || Fitzpatrcik
WR: Nicks, S.Smith (CAR), Bowe || Lloyd, D.Moore
RB: MJD, CJ2K || Michael Turner, Hightower
TE: Witten
K: Matt Bryant || Hanson
DEF: Pittsburgh
introspect
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: DEF and Kicker question

Postby TugzMcBoat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:35 pm

1- I'm fine with you dropping Hightower for a TE this week if you don't have one (plenty of running back depth)

2a- you don't need to handcuff in an 8 team league imo... and technically speaking Bush isnt the handcuff to MJD, Deji Kareem is. In either case of you owning DMC or wanting to pick up Kareem I wouldn't bother handcuffing in an 8 team league, they'll be on the waiver wire if one of your studs gets injured...and if not there should be plenty of quality options on your roster to fill that spot/ quality picks on the waiver wire. In short- don't handcuff in an 8 team league (unless you drafted for like 24+ rounds, then its ok)
2b- Why the hell do you have two kickers? this shouldn't happen in a 16 team league, god-forbid an 8 team league...I would absolutely drop Matt Bryant immediately for the best RB/WR available on the wire. No idea what the FA market looks like for an 8 team league but if someone like Daniel Thomas or Nate Washington is available you pick them up immediately.

3a- Pitt not so good anymore, lots of injuries and their offense can't stay on the field long enough for their D to catch their breath. Furthermore, as I have already indicated, 8 team league...I would stream Defenses for the rest of the season.
3b- to answer your question- Yes, pick the TEN defense, dunno who else is available but they should be very solid this week

To summarize my statements: 8 team league= 1 kicker (actually this goes for all leagues), and unless you have a very clear cut #1 or #2 D, I would stream everyweek

Note: didn't intend for that to sound so critical, meant to be more light-heated criticism
10 team standard- passing TD's = 6pts
QB: Stafford
RB: R. Matthews, A. Bradshaw, I. Redmann, B. Tate, CJ Spiller,
WR: G. Jennings, A. Johnson, E. Decker, T. Smith, K. Britt, M. Crabtree
TE: J. Tamme
DEF: Philly
start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby introspect » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Amazing! Thanks for the feedback and insight. I don't take it harsh at all. It's my first year of playing fantasy football and this is the type of feedback that helps me understand the proper way to play. I'll be dropping PITS for TEN and streaming for remainder of the season, based on match ups. Same goes with Kicker situation. I won't handcuff as your right, those guys would be on the wire regardless.

Any additional thoughts on moves I should look to make with this team via trades? Or stay as is...

P.s. neither Daniel Thomas or Nate Washington are available on the WW (although I am thinking of offering in a trade my D.Moore for N.Washington)
introspect
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TugzMcBoat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:01 pm

introspect wrote:Amazing! Thanks for the feedback and insight. I don't take it harsh at all. It's my first year of playing fantasy football and this is the type of feedback that helps me understand the proper way to play. I'll be dropping PITS for TEN and streaming for remainder of the season, based on match ups. Same goes with Kicker situation. I won't handcuff as your right, those guys would be on the wire regardless.

Any additional thoughts on moves I should look to make with this team via trades? Or stay as is...

P.s. neither Daniel Thomas or Nate Washington are available on the WW (although I am thinking of offering in a trade my D.Moore for N.Washington)

NP :)

team looks fine, but looking at it again Witten is on a BYE this week, so drop Bryant for for a TE, Gresham should be available in your league and would be a solid pickup to play for 1 week.

your team looks ok, not too sure what you could get trade value wise...I think it would be a good bet to sit tight for a while and hope CJ improves and you could shop around a few of your RB's for a top wideout. but can't really give too much advice outside of that. Your team is very balanced as far as WR and RB goes
10 team standard- passing TD's = 6pts
QB: Stafford
RB: R. Matthews, A. Bradshaw, I. Redmann, B. Tate, CJ Spiller,
WR: G. Jennings, A. Johnson, E. Decker, T. Smith, K. Britt, M. Crabtree
TE: J. Tamme
DEF: Philly
start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K
TugzMcBoat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:55 am

here's an idea just drop the extra kicker for the TE.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions