Bye week QB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Bye week QB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bye week QB

Postby ampant » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:45 am

I have Roethlisberger v TEN, unfortunately, I have little faith in him and desparately need a win. TEN is giving up the 5th fewest points to fantasy QBs.

FA QBs I am considering are:

Hasselbeck @ PIT - Good QB. Been consistent. On the road vs a still very good PIT pass D, I am thinking they are more likely to give up points on the ground. PIT is yielding the 2nd fewest points to fantasy QBs. He also performed against tough Ds. Three of his games have been against a tougher matchup. JAC (14th) BAL (4th) CLE (12th). In any case, I probably have more faith in him than Ben at this point.

Orton v SD - Thinking shootout here. He's also been delivering good fantasy stats pretty regularly. And he's at home. However SD is yielding the 8th fewest points to fantasy QBs

Cutler @ DET - On the road with a crap O-Line vs a defense yielding the 10th fewest points to fantasy QBs. Thinking he may get sacked . . . a lot.

McNabb - Crap for production, but a much better matchup vs Arizona (8th most to fantasy QBs)
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bye week QB

Postby jblaze102 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:03 am

I realize that in doing this you are taking a gamble but I really think McNabb has got to step up this week. Defenses fear AP and are not respecting the pass (not like Arizona could even if they wanted to anyway)

I would gamble on it. Its Arizona's secondary and once upon a time this was a GREAT QB.
jblaze102
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Re: Bye week QB

Postby Mr.Joshua » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:52 am

Tough choices for sure but I would lean towards Orton. Like you said he has been putting up points, at home and should be a high scoring game.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Return to Who to Start/Bench