Need some advice. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need some advice. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need some advice. WHIR

Postby taylor14 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:02 am

First time consulting you guys this year. As always last year, will help in return.(Forgive me for ranting, but I wanted to make sure you all knew the situation)

After some discussing with someone who proposed a trade to me yesterday, I am a little confused what to do.

Basically, what i've gathered from our conversations is that he wants Nicks pretty badly. I offered Nicks and Felix Jones for Fred Jackson and Nate Washington. I figured he'd shoot it down immediately but he kind of though about it, returning with the offer of Lagarrete Blount and Washington for Jones and Nicks. But for me, that is too much of a stretch. I am not a big Blount fan. I have also gathered he likes Felix Jones better than McGahee.

Then he came with a complete surprise offer, giving me Jackson, Miles Austin, and Washington for either McFadden or McCoy. This was a pretty tough decision for me, but I ultimately turned it down simply because those are the two best rbs in the league, and the two most dependable on my team.

So heres my question:(Three parter)

1) Do any of the trades that he offered me seem wise to you?
2) If I can get this trade: McCoy and Mike Thomas for Fred Jackson(not the same rb as McCoy), Austin(injured and on bye), and Blount(terrible offense at this point) should I take it??
3) If I can get Miles Austin, Nate Washington, and Lagarrete Blount for Nicks, Jones, and Mike Thomas, should I take it?

Thanks for the help guys, will help in return of course
10Team,H2H:QB,2 RB,2 WR,TE, Flex,Def,K
QB:Stafford, Roethlesberger
RB:Steven Jackson, T. Rich, Reggie Bush, Daryl Richardson, MJD
WR: Fitzgerald, V.Jackson, Greg Jennings, Jerome Simpson, H. Nicks
TE: Martellus Bennet, Brent Celek
taylor14
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need some advice. WHIR

Postby JP555 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:44 am

sounds like you would be getting some pretty good value w/ fred jackson and miles austin, he will be great when healthy! Your WR core is not that great, I think it would be worth it for your squad! I don't know about Brandon Marshall going forward, I think Austin would fit in there nicely

RB - McFadden
RB- Jackson
RB/WR - Jones/Jones/Blount (if you take option 2)
WR - Nicks
WR - Austin

pretty nice...

any advice? viewtopic.php?t=501496
Last edited by JP555 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
JP555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby taylor14 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:51 am

roster info is in my signature
taylor14
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JP555 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:53 am

sorry noticed that after my post and edited!
JP555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby taylor14 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:21 am

Since he wants both McFadden and McCoy, in your guy's opinion which should I give up if I do trade one?

I was leaning towards McCoy simply because of the way the Eagle's offense is, and how bad their defense has been(forcing them to throw), but that is still is hardly an argument for trading him since he is such a big part of their passing game... Plus if Vick gets hurt again they are going to rely on McCoy to run the ball more... IDK, so hard to trade these guys
taylor14
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby rasmusDoh » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:27 am

I love McCoy, but that 2nd trade seems pretty neat though.
Don't get rid of Nicks, he'll be great (says another Nicks owner :P).

Fred Jackson is pretty sick too though, and so was Austin when healthy, and i think he will be again after the bye.

I'd probably go for it!
2013 roster (10-man PPR league)

QBs: R. Wilson, Romo
RBs: D. Martin, Sproles, L. Miller, G. Bernard
WRs: R. White, Amendola, Josh Gordon, Edelman, James Jones, Keenan Allen
TEs: Graham
K: Weekly
DEF: Weekly
rasmusDoh
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 174)

Postby Conrax » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:41 am

1) The first two trades, yeah not wise for either side. The third trade is interesting but I agree with you turning it down, because you are not getting quite the value back.

2) I like the McCoy and M. Thomas for F. Jackson, M. Austin, and Blount. With this you get two good RBs back and a good WR. Blount is a good RB it is just that TB really hasn't committed to the run and the finally did on Monday. Austin will still be Romo's top WR target when he comes back because Austin is that good. And Fred Jackson right now is in an surprising offense that is putting up numbers, yes they had a down week this past week but coming up against Philly who can't stop the run so do well for Fred Jackson. So I would take this trade. But you also have to think about who you will drop because it is 3 for 2 trade.

3) I am mixed on this one. Because I feel it is just swapping similar value players. You get an upgrade in Washington over Thomas mainly due to better offense in TEN, Nicks is better then Austin so you are downgrading some there, and Blount and Felix Jones seems like a wash. I don't think this trade would really hurt you but I would try to get the trade above before this one.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby taylor14 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:53 am

Conrax, thanks for the reply. Awesome information!
taylor14
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby taylor14 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:55 am

Conrax wrote:2) I like the McCoy and M. Thomas for F. Jackson, M. Austin, and Blount. With this you get two good RBs back and a good WR. Blount is a good RB it is just that TB really hasn't committed to the run and the finally did on Monday. Austin will still be Romo's top WR target when he comes back because Austin is that good. And Fred Jackson right now is in an surprising offense that is putting up numbers, yes they had a down week this past week but coming up against Philly who can't stop the run so do well for Fred Jackson. So I would take this trade. But you also have to think about who you will drop because it is 3 for 2 trade.

Would you trade McCoy or McFadden given the choice?
taylor14
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Conrax » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:20 pm

taylor14 wrote:
Conrax wrote:2) I like the McCoy and M. Thomas for F. Jackson, M. Austin, and Blount. With this you get two good RBs back and a good WR. Blount is a good RB it is just that TB really hasn't committed to the run and the finally did on Monday. Austin will still be Romo's top WR target when he comes back because Austin is that good. And Fred Jackson right now is in an surprising offense that is putting up numbers, yes they had a down week this past week but coming up against Philly who can't stop the run so do well for Fred Jackson. So I would take this trade. But you also have to think about who you will drop because it is 3 for 2 trade.

Would you trade McCoy or McFadden given the choice?

tough call, if it is a PPR league trade McFadden and try to keep McCoy because McCoy gets consistently gets receptions as well as his carries, and if it is not for a PPR league then I would still trade McFadden but it would almost be a tossup because both backs are good but McCoy has been slightly better and could be arguably a top 3 RB this season and McFadden still does have the injury prone status with Bush waiting in the wings. But if it is not a PPR league I wouldn't go out of my way to break up that deal if the person you are trading with wants McCoy instead of McFadden.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions