Am I crazy for wanting to make this trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Am I crazy for wanting to make this trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Am I crazy for wanting to make this trade?

Postby hett2333 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:35 am

I've been offered Nicks and Hardesty for S Jax and Brandon Lloyd
Nicks IMO is by far and away the best player in the trade, but it costs me my rb depth.
I would still have Felix Jones and Mcfadden as my starters with Hardesty and Hunter on my bench.
I love the idea of starting Nicks, Stevie, and Maclin as my wr.

Is it too much for one player?
hett2333
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Am I crazy for wanting to make this trade?

Postby hett2333 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:46 am

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
hett2333
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JP555 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:30 am

how many teams/what are the starting spots?
JP555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedBirdChica » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:41 am

Please post the rosters of both teams and the rules for your league. You do want Nicks, but maybe there's a better deal to be salvaged. Then we can sift through your options ...

Hardesty is a garbage throw in - unless this is a dynasty? His value is highest for owners of Hillis. This is basically Nicks for SJax and LLoyd.

Personally, I'm on the fence about Jackson. He's often injured. His team often plays from behind (limits carries). But I agree that he's a much better option to have than Felix Jones - who is anything but stable - making him more of a flex this year rather than the hyped break out candidate he was drafted to be.

I'm also a little worried about Lloyd. I'd definitely cash in on his value - but you may be giving up a little much. Denver's QB QB could get a little hairy; how much value to Denver's deep threats hold if Tebo is chucking the ball?

take a look at mine?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=501785
RedBirdChica
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 44)

Postby ramble2 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:16 am

I see why you'd want to make this trade, though a little more information would help. The upside is that it upgrades your starters at the expense of your bench. That's a win, in my mind, because you don't score points from the bench.

Does the other team have anyone other than Hardesty they might be willing to throw in? Even absent that, I could see making the move. It's a little risky, but sometimes you need to take a risk to win the league.

Help with mine? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=501718
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)

Postby RedBirdChica » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:02 am

Right now, my brain says to drop Cincy D - and just run with the Bears this week. The odds of them holding Stafford to under 350 yards and 3 TDs isn't likely, but their special teams could be good for a score and could squeak in 4-8 points.

I guess I will hold onto Ben until I figure out what the hell to do with him. If he has a decent week (15+ points) maybe I can have better luck using his sorry butt to include trade for ... something better.

I can't believe I'm about to own 3 QBs in a ten team league. Ugh. What a mess. The Steeler's have screwed over fantasy owners. What happened?!

Anyone have any better ideas? I can't justify flat out dropping Ben. Not yet, anyway.
RedBirdChica
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 44)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions