Yahoo leagues, what does the * mean next to the team name??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo leagues, what does the * mean next to the team name???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo leagues, what does the * mean next to the team name???

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:59 am

Last week 6 of the 10 teams had a * beside their name. I assumed this was the lock ins for the playoffs as the two last spots were still up for grabs. However, after last week a 7th team was added to the * list. However, this team has the same record as me...err...i mean the 8th ranked team ;) and is still close enough in points to where if I win or score more total pts, and team 9 wins plus scores more total pts he would be kicked out of the playoffs. Team 9 and Team 8 would then become team 7 and team 8. Team 10 could also win and score more pts but hes down by like 100 or so, thus its very unlikely.

Furthermore, even if its decided by game wins over players with the same current record, the current Team 7 has lost to me (8th team), the 9th and the 10th team with the only win coming against team #9 last week. So its like hes 1-3 in the division so to speak (even tho we dont have divisions). I however have a 3-1 record within this "division". Either way I look at it it doesn't add up. What am I missing?

I guess the only thing I can figure out is that the * doesn't mean your a lock in for the playoffs. But then why would it be there? Too conincidental.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Thomas » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:22 am

Hmm not sure. Only 3 people have * in my 10 man league. And us three are locked and solid.
Thomas
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tjhksig » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:30 am

That denotes who's in the playoffs; so either Yahoo made a mistake or you did somehow.
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:08 am

i could have made a mistake, but it doesn't seem that way. 7th, thorugh 10th place is all seperated by one game. Hes 4-9 and I'm 4-9. 9th and 10th is 3-10. Except for 10th place, we are all within like 40 pts of each other.

Ive checked the schedule and results again. He loses against all three of us before winning against 9th place last week. I win against all of us until losing to 9th place in week 10. So he is still 0-1 against me, 1-1 against 9th place, and 0-1 against 10th place; while I'm 1-0 against him, 1-1 agianst 9th place, and 1-0 against 10th place.

I tell you it just doesn't make sense. I asked him and he was like "I dunno, stop overanalyzing things and just leave it alone." We'll yea...lol...of course he would want to for sure have a playoff spot.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:09 am

In my league after overall record the tiebreaker is division record. That may be how you are in and he isn't.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Super Freak » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:14 am

i hate ties!!!!!! :-t :-o :-#
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Paladyr » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:19 am

we have a guy in our league that has an asterix and could be knocked out so i wouldn't worry about it.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby phunkadelic » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:53 am

It seems like that's what the * is suppossed to mean. It's new this year. It's entirely possible that there's some ort of logic error in the way the program that assigns the *s was written.

It's correct in all of my leagues, but I wouldn't doubt if it if Yahoo did mess something up.

Double-check who's playing who this week. Maybe 9th and 10th are playing each other so only one of them could win, or something like that. Also look at your league settings and make sure 8 teams go to the playoffs, not 9 or 10 or something goofy like that.
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikey » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:58 am

The *'s are a bit screwed up in my 10 team league too. There's one team that could very well not make the playoffs that has an * by his team name.

Oh well.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Xtreme » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:06 pm

Mikey wrote:The *'s are a bit screwed up in my 10 team league too. There's one team that could very well not make the playoffs that has an * by his team name.

Yep, a 12 team league here, and the same situation. I wouldn't put to much stock in the *'s.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk