1-3 Start - Trade FJax for R. White? [WHIR] - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

1-3 Start - Trade FJax for R. White? [WHIR]

Moderator: Football Moderators

1-3 Start - Trade FJax for R. White? [WHIR]

Postby FU - Football Univ. » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:29 am

Well, I'm off to a terrible 1-3 start this year. I actually like the team I drafted, but have had some back luck with scheduling & a couple of players who have underachieved or been injured. Now, I've got more bad luck with A. Johnson going down.

I've been offered R. White for F. Jackson - take a look at what my roster would look like after the trade and let me know if you think I should do this deal:

10-team PPR - 1 pt per 10 yds rush/rec | 6 pts per rush/rec TD | 1 pt. bonus for rush/rec TD of 50+ yds
Start: 1QB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 K, 1DST
QB's - Vick, Stafford
RB's - SJax, Blount, Best, Starks, Caddy, Morris
WR's - R. White, A. Johnson, S. Smith (CAR), M. Williams (TB), N. Burleson, Manningham
TE's - Winslow, Chandler
K - Rackers
DST - Lions, Texans

So, I'd basically be going with Roddy & S. Smith (CAR) with Best, Blount & SJax @ RB1,2 & FLEX until AJ comes back healthy - at which time I'd probably for 3 WR instead of 3 RB's.

Do I make this move & let FJax go in exchange for Roddy - or should I stay put?

Thanks in advance - any and all input is welcome and greatly appreciated!
[WHIR - leave link]
Last edited by FU - Football Univ. on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
FU - Football Univ.
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1-3 Start - Trade FJax for R. White? [WHIR]

Postby JP555 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:36 am

You could do that trade, and it might help you some but Fred Jackson i think is a bit more valuable to White, and is quite a guy to give up when you have both Vick and Stafford that you could deal. I would look to give one of them up for a receiver first unless you have an afinity for White. That is what I would try to do first.

any advice? viewtopic.php?t=501496
JP555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RedBirdChica » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:40 am

I definitely like the idea, but I think you can do better with fantasy's present No. 4 RB. Sell him HIGH!! Roddy owners are shopping the guy around, but he doesn't seem super reliable.

It looks like you're in need of an upgrade at TE as well.

I'd shop Freddy in tandem with ... whomever (Chandler/Winslow) ... for a nice WR2 and a reliable TE. You'll have Andre3000 back soon enough. :) Think Julio + Daniels??

advice?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=501785
RedBirdChica
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 44)

Postby Bears10 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:42 am

Not sure if I would do this trade. Jackson is on fire right now. White has struggled and has Jones in Atl too. Maybe try a WR for a WR. Or wait until one of your QB's has their bye and trade one of them for White.

Help me please:
viewtopic.php?t=501813
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!
Bears10
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FU - Football Univ. » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks for the feedback, people! Trust me, I don't want to give up FJax - he's been my most reliable player so far this season. However, with reports now that AJ will be out 3 weeks, I'm worried that my WR pts will be lacking during that stretch, and if I don't end up with at least 2 wins during that span, I'll pretty much be out of the playoff picture.

I'd like to trade Vick or Stafford (I've already tried testing those waters), but remember - this is a 10-team league, so most owners already have 1 or 2 good-to-decent options at QB on their rosters.

Based on AJ being out 3 weeks, and hammies being a fickle injury that can flare up at any time, I'm, leaning towards making the trade at this point.

Any other insight / comments on this are welcomed!
FU - Football Univ.
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby longmoy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:45 pm

personally I think Julio Jones will see more and more balls and will chip away White's production.

Therefore, i suggest you go look around for a better receiver to add to your roster
longmoy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby McDuff » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:02 pm

I don't like it much. Giving up your best RB for a currently under preforming WR does not seem like the kind of move that will help you much. I like Roddy and Atlanta has got to get better. Right? Don't they?
You have a weird looking team now. With 4 very dissapointing RBs.
Drop Caddy ASAP and whoever Morris is also. Can't you package some of your less awesome RBs and get a good WR?

Find the Lions fan. or the Packers fan play up Starks in the playoffs and Grant injury/general suckiness.
i also don't think I'd hold Manningham. Drop him, and Winslow and maybe Chandler for a better TE. With that level of TE you only need to hold one and grab a new one every week. See if anyone gets dropped to pick up any of these guys.

Check the wire for guys like Decker and Jacoby Jones for your banged up Andre fill in.
Anyway with a banged up Andre you might have to move him, he is desirable still but if you are struggling he will have to go at a discount, combine with Best or Starks and you are bound to get someone at least as good as Roddy.
McDuff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions