Time to drop Santonio Holmes??? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Time to drop Santonio Holmes??? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time to drop Santonio Holmes??? WHIR

Postby bricox171 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:21 pm

Holmes has been sitting my bench all year. My receivers have been plagued with injuries and underproduction.

Thinking about dropping Holmes for Preston Parker.
(16 team league, PPR)

Here are my WR's as of now:
Nate Washington, Eric Decker, Robert Meachem, Santonio Holmes. (Yes, I know I'm very weak here, hence the my question)

I wanna pickup Preston Parker and drop Holmes....
Preston has shown to be a great PPR WR and I just dont see Holmes doing much this year unless the get a better QB, Sanchez blows....

What do yall think??? Thanks for any and all input. Leave a link and I would be happy to help with your questions!
bricox171
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Time to drop Santonio Holmes??? WHIR

Postby GreenBowlPackers » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:31 pm

No way!

Eventually, the Jets will have to admit they cannot run the ball effectively. Not sure how long Mangold is out, but he is key for that. Eventually Sanchez will have to start winning games himself. Probably won't work, but it only means good things for Holmes in the future. If you really want Preston, I'd drop Meachem. But I can't stand relying on Brees' recievers.

Decker for Starks?
GreenBowlPackers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 44)

Postby MMhawk607 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:48 pm

I agree. Holmes isn't doing well and neither is Sanchez. Toss in the possibility of Holmes sharing looks with Burress and his value decreases. Preston Parker is a favorite of Freeman it seems and he does look like a consistent WR. I think your best option is giving Holmes another week to see if he can produce. The Jets are playing a mediocre NE Secondary. So Holmes SHOULD have a lot of opportunities. If he still doesn't do much, by all means pick up Parker ASAP.
;-D
so pro.
MMhawk607 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby TheLawFirm » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:54 pm

I would keep Holmes, NE's secondarys aren't very good, and despite a horrible game, Holmes got 12 targets last week. I wouldn't judge Sanchez as horrible from that game. I watched that game from start to finish and it was literally the center and the left tackle that led to the terrible offense as Sanchez had no more than .5 seconds to make his throwing decisions. I think Holmes is going to do really well this week and if he does nad you still don't like him you can at least trade him away.

Should I drop anyone to stash Hasselback or Redman?
TheLawFirm
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions