Jacoby Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jacoby Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jacoby Jones

Postby CMan0928 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:59 pm

So Andre Johnson had "minor surgery" on his injured right hamstring today and will apparently miss 3 weeks. Enter Jacoby Jones. I just scooped him up in my Yahoo! 10 team points league. What do you guys think? I was in desperate need of a WR. It has looked in the past like he has the tools to excel. Any comments?
CMan0928
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jacoby Jones

Postby dgan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Jacoby has all the talent...but unfortunately, we've been down this road before. Every time he's had a chance to show what he could do as a starter, he failed to show anything at all.

Now, most of those instances was him replacing Walter...not AJ. So could it be different this time? More experience now, chance for a leading receiver role rather than a opposite receiver role? Maybe. As a fellow AJ owner myself, I'm going to attempt to grab Jacoby, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I also have underachievers-so-far Manningham and Antonio Brown, so I have more hope in them than I do in Jones. Plus, there are always tons of marginal WRs on the waiver wire with upside.

So, yeah, I think he's probably a good gamble. But I'd be just as happy going another route as well...maybe one of the Buffalo receivers that aren't rostered, James Jones is out there in a lot of leagues...there are other options.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Agreed with dgan. I couldn't end up grabbing Jacoby Jones because someone just snatched him off the WW last night, but I did scoop up Preston Parker from Tampa Bay. He's getting around 4 catches a game and could be useful in a PPR leage. He has had 2 games of 70+ yards and could end up being a sleeper later in the year when him and Freeman get a little more chemistry down.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby tcwhy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:02 am

Speaking of Preston Parker (not sure if we should start a new thread for this), does anyone know anything about him? I just grabbed him in my PPR league and seems to have some sleeper value as defenses key in on Mike Williams, but I've never really heard of him before.
tcwhy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:30 pm

tcwhy wrote:Speaking of Preston Parker (not sure if we should start a new thread for this), does anyone know anything about him? I just grabbed him in my PPR league and seems to have some sleeper value as defenses key in on Mike Williams, but I've never really heard of him before.

Yeah, I saw 2 threads on WRs already so I didn't want to create another and overflow this forum with WR prospects.

But he seems to have a nice rapport with Freeman as teams double and key in on Williams. He won't be anything more than a bye-week fill in for my roster, but with all the bye's coming up, hopefully he can keep it up and go on a nice little run over the next few weeks.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:53 am

Instead of Jones, I feel HOU will look much more to their TE's. Specifically, James Casey looks like a great Hail Mary for those teams that need to gamble.
2008 Killer Crossover League Champion
2009 Killer Crossover League Champion
RedHopeful
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Basketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby rotoquest » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:11 pm

I don't know why people are down on Jones. When Johnson missed the final two weeks of last season, Jones responded well, snaring a total of 10 catches for 185 yards. Add 1 touchdown and you get 23 points over a 2 week span. I'll take that from my flex position.
rotoquest
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GoodOl'Days » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:48 pm

That's an excellent WW add in a 12-team, worthwhile in a 10-team. I hope the Texans run in a lot and go to OD in the pass. Then that should open things up for Walter and Jones later on in the game and over the next three or so weeks w/o AJ.
GoodOl'Days
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby PapaPark » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:20 am

I have him and I benched him for Nate Washington and Starks in the Flex.

He burnt me last year... burnt me this year... and I almost made the same mistake for the 3rd time.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:10 pm

11 targets. 1 catch. What a waste of talent. The only conclusion I can come to is the guy must not have a football mind...he must not be able to grasp the offense, or read the defense or whatever.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Football Talk