Making a Move for Andre Johnson...WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Making a Move for Andre Johnson...WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Making a Move for Andre Johnson...WHIR

Postby JMT75 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:51 pm

PPR League

The wheels in my head are spinning. A guy in my league is 1-3 and has Johnson. His other WR's are Roddy White, Mike Thomas, and Malcolm Floyd. Obviously not great outside of Roddy. I am 4-0 and have a plethora of WR's that I don't know what to do with each week, outside of Megatron. Although I think recently it's clear that my top 3 would be Megatron, J. Nelson, and S. Rice. My WR's are as follows...

Megatron
J. Nelson
S. Rice
Manningham
McCluster (WR/RB)
Colston
D. Nelson
Garcon

The rest of my team is Brady, Ray Rice, Forte, Best, and Gronkowski. I am considering making a move where I ship 3 of my secondary WR's for Johnson, thinking that he may be desperate enough to trade him. My feelings, right now, is that I can get rid of 3 of my guys and still have decent enough options until Johnson returns and if Johnson is more seriously injured. But if I get Johnson and he returns to full health and I have an unbelievable team for playoffs.

Part of me says screw it and do it. And part of me says I am nuts and in 1st place anyway and don't need to do something like this. And I would do the trade only if I didn't have to give up Sydney Rice, J. Nelson, AND Colston as the 3. I am hoping I can throw in a Manningham or Garcon for one of those guys.

So what do you guys think. Am I nuts? Or a potential genius? This is a money league so it would be a pretty big move. Thanks and sorry for the length. ANY AND ALL OPINIONS WELCOMED. WHIR ASAP.
Last edited by JMT75 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JMT75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Making a Move for Andre Johnson...WHIR

Postby Weasel_King » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:58 pm

You would be a potential genius. Really like that idea, and was thinking of making an eerily similar trade same situation (highest point-scoring team, 1-3 team) to the one you just described except in my case his RB's and WR's are both very suspect. Would send out an offer that you described and see if he bites!

Check out mine?
viewtopic.php?t=501946
Weasel_King
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:17 pm

I agree, his WR's arent so hot, so getting a few solid options for his one great one might be something he bites on. Not to mention the Johnson/Johnson combo would be rediculous when AJ is healthy. I would actually just offer two, and if he counters or rejects send the offer with the third so it looks like a better deal, if you send it with the three right away he might try to barter for something better.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=502000
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby JMT75 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:38 pm

prophecy135 wrote:I agree, his WR's arent so hot, so getting a few solid options for his one great one might be something he bites on. Not to mention the Johnson/Johnson combo would be rediculous when AJ is healthy. I would actually just offer two, and if he counters or rejects send the offer with the third so it looks like a better deal, if you send it with the three right away he might try to barter for something better.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=502000

Yeah I thought of that. Which WR would I keep if I could choose out of Colston, J. Nelson, and S. Rice? And offer him the other two? Or try to really steal him with a Garcon/S. Rice offer since they are both hot? And then counter with the 3rd being a pretty big name and good WR in Colston or J. Nelson? lol...I told you guys the wheels are spinning.
JMT75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby McDuff » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:51 pm

I agree with the prophecy I was already thinking of suggesting tow instead of three when I read his post.
If it was up to me I want to keep Jordy. If i was him therefor I want Jordy as Colston and Rice have already been hurt this year also. I would think the best trade he might like is... uhh, Jordy and Colston. Hoping that the Colston name brings some luster to the deal.
You would look fine even if you move any three and have two new spots to grab a wire flyer to fill in while AJ is still out.
McDuff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JMT75 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:29 am

Bump....WHIR ASAP
JMT75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JohnnyBighead » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:34 am

This is exactly how i run my teams... And really it will work for both of you bc he needs production across the board and you just need a big time talent....

I would do it for sure.... start with 2 guys and then feel him out and then add a 3rd....

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=502033
JohnnyBighead
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JMT75 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:56 am

Bump. Thinking of offering S. Rice and Garcon first, hoping to play off their big games. If he declines I offer Colston to go with Rice and Garcon. This still leaves me with The Nelsons, Manningham, and McCluster with an open spot.
JMT75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JMT75 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Bump. WHIR ASAP.
JMT75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DC5SB » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Propose it, you have nothing to lose. See if he counter trades and go form there.
DC5SB
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 51)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions