Wk. 5 RB. - Starks v Best - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Wk. 5 RB. - Starks v Best

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wk. 5 RB. - Starks v Best

Postby BrandonSi » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:00 am

What say you, people smarter than me? Do you roll with Starks, even though Grant will be back, or do you go with Best taking on the Bears D? I think Starks will get some passes, but probably not as much running work as last week.. and I just don't know what to expect with Best and the Bears..

Thoughts? :)
BrandonSi Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wk. 5 RB. - Starks v Best

Postby Chicago 2 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:29 am

Don't let your fan bias blind you :-b

Did you see what Sproles did to the Bears defense? I bring up Sproles because he has a similar skill-set to Best and I expect Detroit to use Best in a similar fashion.

The Bears can be run on; Turner, Grant and Williams have all proved that, Best isn't much of a runner but if your in a PPR league Detroit will use him in the receiving game quite often, which is what I expect to happen. Not to mention Best put up solid fantasy points vs. the Bears last year.

I like Starks if Grant does not play but all indications are that Grant will indeed play, which limits Starks value.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Re: Wk. 5 RB. - Starks v Best

Postby BrandonSi » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:50 am

Good points.. I think I may be in the normal 'Beard have a great D' mindset.. but you're right.. I'll watch Grant more closely, and if he does start, probably go with Best vs the Bears.. thanks!! :)

Chicago 2 wrote:Don't let your fan bias blind you :-b

Did you see what Sproles did to the Bears defense? I bring up Sproles because he has a similar skill-set to Best and I expect Detroit to use Best in a similar fashion.

The Bears can be run on; Turner, Grant and Williams have all proved that, Best isn't much of a runner but if your in a PPR league Detroit will use him in the receiving game quite often, which is what I expect to happen. Not to mention Best put up solid fantasy points vs. the Bears last year.

I like Starks if Grant does not play but all indications are that Grant will indeed play, which limits Starks value.
BrandonSi Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench