3 Years: 2005
No votes
4 Years: 2006
5%
Whatever It Takes
64%

Total votes : 22

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:50 am

Weasel, I am sorry but you are wrong. I have family is in the military and went to Iraq and helped liberate the people. He said that when they would go into another city people would come out and thank them for liberating them. The people are happy. The people like us. The government is not. The stupid media here in the states makes it sound like nobody wants us there and we are doing it only for our benefit. That is not true. The person I know is very high ranked and is honest. People thanked him for coming. I have heard many stories about where the soldiers would be offered things from the Iraqi people and were thanked for coming in. Would you people turn off the Communist News Network, CNN? Please!
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:41 pm

I'm consider myself liberal, but not too far "left-wing." I mainly vote Democrat, especially in local elections. I was opposed to the war and to this point, my opinion is jusitified for there still is no evidence that Iraq showed an imminent threat to the American people. In other words, no WMD. But, of course, once the troops are over there, all you can do is support them.

As far as bringing them home, I think we should do it when it is time. Things are obviously not going too well, and that's why we desperatly need the help of other nations. But since Bush alienated the other countries before the war started, that might be hard to do.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:51 pm

US needs to remain a powerful democratic force in the middle east. US armed services have begun rotating troops.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:59 pm

I voted "Now".

About all I can say about it without controversy is:

All of our boys should have been home a long time ago in my opinion.

I also agree that Dazey's post was very well put. ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:26 am

first off i live in canada but i am american.
i agree with the theory that we started somethign and now we must finish it. we went in and killed many a life "freeing" the Iraqi people now we must finsih this job and prove that what was done was the right thing and that in the long run it is best for Americans and for the Iraqi people. no one said this was going to be easy, but a strong American military force needs to be established in the middle east to prevent this from all happening again. We need to make sure another Suddam does not take control, we need to know what is going on and have a hand in it to guarantee the freedom of these people. we must finish what we started, these peopel are closer to being free but they are not yet there. Again, we must finish the job
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slowkidz » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:02 am

i like dazey's post and i have to agree with it. with the daily occurence of death in Iraq still looming over our forces, why are we still keeping them there? what "job" are we supposed to finish? we sought out and took out their old regime. we've given them a chance to start over and do it the way they want. i don't care if they "hate" us or "love" us over there. we've spent a lot of time over there twiddling thumbs and piddling in the sand. i'm all for bringing them back home safe and sound.

on a sidenote though, if its shown that our forces/support is needed back there at a later date, so be it. but why waste our resources, men/women, and energy to "finish a job" that clearly had a vague objective/description to start??? it doesn't make sense to me...and every day learning about another bombing, helicopter crash and attack on our troops makes it harder to justify. if we're keeping them there, then let's fight and end it. if we're not going to fight, then bring em back. jmo.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby The Super Freak » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:05 am

you guys need to understand something SADDAM IS NOT DEAD so if we leave he will come back take over and we will have to go and kill him again!!!!!!!! and they have found WMD they just don't have to tell you where they are
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby slowkidz » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:13 am

The Super Freak wrote:you guys need to understand something SADDAM IS NOT DEAD so if we leave he will come back take over and we will have to go and kill him again!!!!!!!! and they have found WMD they just don't have to tell you where they are

Jr....no one here claims he is...but the point of the matter is this...are we out searching for him? No. should we be? Yes. sadddam is a terroist and has been since the Gulf War, where he should have been dealt with then, as opposed to waiting 10yrs or so and looking for him now. he's gone from the town and yet we still sit around while people there try to kill us on a daily basis, with some success I might add. it's time to pack em up and move em out. either bring em back here, or send em out to kill off the stragglers from saddam's crew, I don't care. but just do something!! why keep them in harm's way while we are twiddling our thumbs back at home?
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby The Super Freak » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:25 am

Slowkidz wrote:
The Super Freak wrote:you guys need to understand something SADDAM IS NOT DEAD so if we leave he will come back take over and we will have to go and kill him again!!!!!!!! and they have found WMD they just don't have to tell you where they are

Jr....no one here claims he is...but the point of the matter is this...are we out searching for him? No. should we be? Yes. sadddam is a terroist and has been since the Gulf War, where he should have been dealt with then, as opposed to waiting 10yrs or so and looking for him now. he's gone from the town and yet we still sit around while people there try to kill us on a daily basis, with some success I might add. it's time to pack em up and move em out. either bring em back here, or send em out to kill off the stragglers from saddam's crew, I don't care. but just do something!! why keep them in harm's way while we are twiddling our thumbs back at home?

listen slowboy don't call me jr... second we are not twiddling our thumbs have you been watching the news we have been launching raids on enemy camps and looking for saddam.
It is like finding a needle in a haystack and we may not know all of the detail because it is probably TOP SECRET so they don't tell us so we don't broadcast it and then even Saddam himself knows what we are trying to do
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:15 am

Let me step in here for a minute.
Like I said in the initial post - the last thing I want to do is "start a war" HERE.
At the Cafe.
This certainly a "hot topic". With strong feelings on both sides of the issue. NO doubt about it.
Vote, make your case, raise issues, argue.
Let's just not get to the point where it's personal, and a lot of hard feelings.
Or, worst yet, the death penality and a locked thread.

~Wease
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk