The War - Poll & Thoughts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

The War - Poll & Thoughts

Moderator: Football Moderators

U.S. Troops Need To Be Home

Now
6
27%
2 Years: 2004
1
5%
3 Years: 2005
0
No votes
4 Years: 2006
1
5%
Whatever It Takes
14
64%
 
Total votes : 22

Postby slowkidz » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:57 am

ScreamingWeasel wrote:Or, worst yet, the death penality and a locked thread.



aren't they one in the same? hehehe
Image
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Posts: 7286
Joined: 19 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Beatin the Steers in C-bus!!

Postby AF » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:57 am

I voted to stay there till the job is done. The job right now is to make sure order is fully restored before we leave. If that means staying there till 2030 so be it. We all know though that we could be out of there as soon as 2004 if Bush loses the next election because whoever runs against him is sure to promise to bring the troops home whether it's right or wrong. One thing that really gets to me though is that people think that all of the Iraqi people hate Americans. What makes you so sure that the people attacking our troops there are even Iraqis? You don't think that terrorist groups from other countries could be sending people to Iraq to attack Americans? The way I see it, the majority of the Iraqi people are grateful for what the Americans did and are still doing. Those who were or are a part of the Baath party (Sadam's party) don't like us because they are no longer in power and are greatly outnumbered by the rest of the people in Iraq.

Another argument that I don't like but people throw out there all the time is that Sadam wasn't a threat to the U.S. You know what, I don't care if he was best friends with us and gave the US all the free oil we wanted he needed to be removed from power. The man ruled by terror and was a mass murderer. He needed to be punished and the rest of the world was turning a blind eye but I am glad somebody did something at last. He was doing things as bad as Hitler the only difference Hitler started taking over other countries, Sadam just stayed within his own boarders besides his little trip to Quait. Would we have let Hitler be if had only killed all the Jews in Germany? I don't think so. We need to stay there till we can be sure the Baath party has been dissolved and can be sure nobody from that party can retake power. This could be awhile since they were the only group of people in Iraq with any money, control, weapons or power. The rest of the country lived in fear and has for a long time; it could be awhile before they learn that they no longer have anything to fear. Just think if you feared your government would come in and kill you and your family if you even said anything they didn't like and had to live like this for YEARS, would you want to step up and take control of your government after they were removed? I know I wouldn't. It could take awhile before we find the right people to insure a strong stable government.

OK, well I have rambled long enough. I'm just sick of people thinking that since Sadam is gone our job is done.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 657
Joined: 3 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Browntown

Postby brownslover » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:22 pm

How are we supposed to go into another country and build a 'democracy', when the 'democracy' in our own country is going down the tubes? And our economy, our President would rather spend billions more on a war that was based on false pretenses than to try to create jobs for the 9 million people without them.

However, I don't think we can just up and leave. But I do hope they can solve the problem or come up with a solution before my friends and family get killed.

That is all.
What's your fat ass doing here?

He's my only means of conveyance. Buuut I guess I do spoil him.
brownslover
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 273
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: the kron

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:33 pm

ScreamingWeasel wrote:Let me step in here for a minute.
Like I said in the initial post - the last thing I want to do is "start a war" HERE.
At the Cafe.
This certainly a "hot topic". With strong feelings on both sides of the issue. NO doubt about it.
Vote, make your case, raise issues, argue.
Let's just not get to the point where it's personal, and a lot of hard feelings.
Or, worst yet, the death penality and a locked thread.

~Wease


i agree with the Weesel here, lets not get personal, make your poits and state your opinions, but that is all they are opinions, no facts, no certain right and wrong. lets not divide the Cafe into the have and the have nots, the repulicans and the democrats, etc. have another espresso and be friends. that said anyone who doesnt agree with me is dead wrong!!! jk. ;-D
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2121
Joined: 8 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: winnipeg, canada

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:13 pm

brownslover wrote:How are we supposed to go into another country and build a 'democracy', when the 'democracy' in our own country is going down the tubes? And our economy, our President would rather spend billions more on a war that was based on false pretenses than to try to create jobs for the 9 million people without them.

However, I don't think we can just up and leave. But I do hope they can solve the problem or come up with a solution before my friends and family get killed.

That is all.


Amen, man. Almost my thoughts exactly. And The Super Freak, where is your source that they've found WMD and aren't telling us where they are?
Image


The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 9483
Joined: 8 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the V-Nest

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:36 pm

I agree, lets not start insulting and stuff and don't get personal and even though I am right wing I do not disregard anything I read from these left-wingers.

My highly ranked family member said that there is proof of WMD. He couldn't go into any details but he can't figure out why they aren't telling everybody here in the US. He speculated they will anounce it when it gets closer to when Bush is up for re-election.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:48 pm

M_Zimm wrote:... they will anounce it when it gets closer to when Bush is up for re-election.

So. Part of our strategy in Iraq is to get GW re-elected?
Wow. Whoda thought that?
Image
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 2073
Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NashTN

Postby The Super Freak » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:11 am

AF wrote:I voted to stay there till the job is done. The job right now is to make sure order is fully restored before we leave. If that means staying there till 2030 so be it. We all know though that we could be out of there as soon as 2004 if Bush loses the next election because whoever runs against him is sure to promise to bring the troops home whether it's right or wrong. One thing that really gets to me though is that people think that all of the Iraqi people hate Americans. What makes you so sure that the people attacking our troops there are even Iraqis? You don't think that terrorist groups from other countries could be sending people to Iraq to attack Americans? The way I see it, the majority of the Iraqi people are grateful for what the Americans did and are still doing. Those who were or are a part of the Baath party (Sadam's party) don't like us because they are no longer in power and are greatly outnumbered by the rest of the people in Iraq.

Another argument that I don't like but people throw out there all the time is that Sadam wasn't a threat to the U.S. You know what, I don't care if he was best friends with us and gave the US all the free oil we wanted he needed to be removed from power. The man ruled by terror and was a mass murderer. He needed to be punished and the rest of the world was turning a blind eye but I am glad somebody did something at last. He was doing things as bad as Hitler the only difference Hitler started taking over other countries, Sadam just stayed within his own boarders besides his little trip to Quait. Would we have let Hitler be if had only killed all the Jews in Germany? I don't think so. We need to stay there till we can be sure the Baath party has been dissolved and can be sure nobody from that party can retake power. This could be awhile since they were the only group of people in Iraq with any money, control, weapons or power. The rest of the country lived in fear and has for a long time; it could be awhile before they learn that they no longer have anything to fear. Just think if you feared your government would come in and kill you and your family if you even said anything they didn't like and had to live like this for YEARS, would you want to step up and take control of your government after they were removed? I know I wouldn't. It could take awhile before we find the right people to insure a strong stable government.

OK, well I have rambled long enough. I'm just sick of people thinking that since Sadam is gone our job is done.


i agree and he is @#$% right about it!!!! We cannot prove that the people attacking our troops are iraqi!! terrorists from saudi arabia could be coming over to bomb us and cause division in our country!!! THEY ARE DOING ONE @#$! of a job!!!!
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1036
Joined: 13 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Middle Earth kickin orc butt!!!!

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:48 pm

The Super Freak wrote:We cannot prove that the people attacking our troops are iraqi!! terrorists from saudi arabia could be coming over to bomb us and cause division in our country!!!

It's 10:00.
Do you know where your Saudis are?
Image
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 2073
Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NashTN

Postby The Super Freak » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:26 am

yea bombing american soldier!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!
for an old geyser you aren't very smart
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1036
Joined: 13 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Middle Earth kickin orc butt!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:42 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact