Brees+Bradshaw for Chris Johnson+Flacco? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Brees+Bradshaw for Chris Johnson+Flacco?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brees+Bradshaw for Chris Johnson+Flacco?

Postby joegoody41 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:16 pm

MY TEAM: QB: Flacco, Cutler; WR: Marshall, Bowe, S. Moss, Wayne, Mike Thomas; RB: McCoy, Chris Johnson, Best, Tolbert, Lynch, Jacobs; TE: Olsen, Chandler; DEF: Detroit; K: Hanson

HIS TEAM: QB: Newton, Brees; WR: Nicks, Holmes, Nate Wash, Burress, Torrey Smith; RB: Foster, Fred Jax, Bradshaw, Moreno, Tate, Torain; TE: Finley; DEF: Balt, Tampa; K: Folk

LEAGUE STARTS: 1 QB, 2 WR, 2RB, 1 RB/WR flex, TE, DEF, K

HE offered ME Brees and Bradshaw for Chris Johnson and Flacco. Should I pull the trigger?

I'm really hesitant to give up on Johnson this early, knowing that he could really blow up later in the season (Hass's play will likely help keep defenses honest too), and he has his lead blocker back. Plus, I really don't like the idea of him having a situation where he could fit Foster, Johnson, and Freddy Jackson all into the same starting lineup. It almost feels like it would be an injustice to the league, haha. He said he is adamant on trading Brees this week, which means he intends to roll with Newton for the rest of the year, so he's basically upgrading his RB position without losing a lot. He also said he doesn't care that much about his backup QB, so I might offer him Cutler instead of Flacco in the deal.

Or I could counter by asking for Fred Jackson instead of Bradshaw? Although that could be asking for too much.

I usually don't like to do trades, so my initial reaction is typically to stand pat, but Brees can be a monster every week and my QBs this year have been pretty inconsistent. I just don't like the idea of selling low on Johnson, when he could potentially be a top 2-3 fantasy player by the end of the year (of course this might not happen either).

Let me know what you think. Leave a link and I'll help you out too. Thanks.
Last edited by joegoody41 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joegoody41
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brees+Bradshaw for Chris Johnson+Flacco?

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:31 pm

like you said, flacco or cutler, don't matter.
asking F.Jax would be a little too much, since you already got huge upgrade on QB, and F.Jax could possibly do better than CJ.
CJ is a gamble, the other team use 1 of his backup QB (top one though) to gamble on CJ, and you trade away your gamble chance for a definite upgrade on your QB.
good trade for both team
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 230)

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:33 pm

Obviously you would win by a landslide if you received Fred Jackson instead of Bradshaw, but that is most likely asking for too much.

I would definitely accept the original trade though.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=502068
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PrinceEatMeat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:34 pm

I think I'd do this deal as it is. Brees is a stud. You need to pick him up. I think it's worth the possible downgrade from CJ to Bradshaw. Although CJ may just continue to suck, and Bradshaw will actually be an upgrade.

Please help with mine!

viewtopic.php?t=501839
PrinceEatMeat
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JMT75 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:40 pm

I like the original deal for you. I am not sold on Johnson becoming a stud from this point on and you have McCoy as your #1 RB, with some decent #3/Flex RB options in Best and Tolbert still in the fold. Brees would be a gigantic upgrade over what you currently have.

Help? viewtopic.php?t=501997
JMT75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sex Panther » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:47 pm

joegoody41 wrote:MY TEAM: QB: Flacco, Cutler; WR: Marshall, Bowe, S. Moss, Wayne, Mike Thomas; RB: McCoy, Chris Johnson, Best, Tolbert, Lynch, Jacobs; TE: Olsen, Chandler; DEF: Detroit; K: Hanson

HIS TEAM: QB: Newton, Brees; WR: Nicks, Holmes, Nate Wash, Burress, Torrey Smith; RB: Foster, Fred Jax, Bradshaw, Moreno, Tate, Torain; TE: Finley; DEF: Balt, Tampa; K: Folk

LEAGUE STARTS: 1 QB, 2 WR, 2RB, 1 RB/WR flex, TE, DEF, K

HE offered ME Brees and Bradshaw for Chris Johnson and Flacco. Should I pull the trigger?

I'm really hesitant to give up on Johnson this early, knowing that he could really blow up later in the season (Hass's play will likely help keep defenses honest too), and he has his lead blocker back. Plus, I really don't like the idea of him having a situation where he could fit Foster, Johnson, and Freddy Jackson all into the same starting lineup. It almost feels like it would be an injustice to the league, haha. He said he is adamant on trading Brees this week, which means he intends to roll with Newton for the rest of the year, so he's basically upgrading his RB position without losing a lot. He also said he doesn't care that much about his backup QB, so I might offer him Cutler instead of Flacco in the deal.

Or I could counter by asking for Fred Jackson instead of Bradshaw? Although that could be asking for too much.

I usually don't like to do trades, so my initial reaction is typically to stand pat, but Brees can be a monster every week and my QBs this year have been pretty inconsistent. I just don't like the idea of selling low on Johnson, when he could potentially be a top 2-3 fantasy player by the end of the year (of course this might not happen either).

Let me know what you think. Leave a link and I'll help you out too. Thanks.

I do it, you're not giving up on CJ, you're downgrading (and not by as big of a margin as you may think) - Bradshaw is a damn good back, and holds more value in PPR formats. Is he the lock down RB1 CJ4.24 is supposed to be? No, but he's startable every week regadless of matchup.

The upgrade from Flacco to Brees more than makes up for what you are losing in CJ (and you have the RB depth to pull it off easy)
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joegoody41 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Thanks for the responses so far. Bradshaw worries me a little, because of the inherent inconsistency with NYG running backs. Sure, I'd have both Bradshaw and Jacobs, but they usually don't both do well in the same week (of course if one misses a game, the other is in for a big day).

I think this trade definitely makes me better, but by not as big of a margin as it makes him better. I'm leaning towards making the deal, but am interested in seeing a few more responses.
joegoody41
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 69)

Postby DC5SB » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Brees and Bradshaw for sure. Your team should increase in points weekly, and Bradshaw will def suffice.
DC5SB
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 51)

Postby ginobiliqueen » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:10 pm

I would definitely counter with Fred Jackson and Brees for CJ and Flacco. It doesn't hurt to ask.

I understand your concerns with Bradshaw as I would be the same, but your QB position is getting a massive upgrade with this trade. I say counter with Fred Jackson and Brees and see what he says. Bradshaw and Brees, however, isn't a bad backup plan!
ginobiliqueen
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jasonsoldout » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:01 pm

I would do it. Brees> Flacco, and as of right now, Bradshaw > Chris Johnson.

Chris Johnson may come back soon, but his points won't be enough more than Bradshaw's to count for the nice QB upgrade
jasonsoldout
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions