Brees+Bradshaw for Chris Johnson+Flacco? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Brees+Bradshaw for Chris Johnson+Flacco?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Brees+Bradshaw for Chris Johnson+Flacco?

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:07 am

joegoody41 wrote:Thanks for the responses so far. Bradshaw worries me a little, because of the inherent inconsistency with NYG running backs. Sure, I'd have both Bradshaw and Jacobs, but they usually don't both do well in the same week (of course if one misses a game, the other is in for a big day).

I think this trade definitely makes me better, but by not as big of a margin as it makes him better. I'm leaning towards making the deal, but am interested in seeing a few more responses.

i don't think it's 100% make him better, since CJ haven't really show any elite RB score yet, and every year there's some elite player fail their expectation, and this year might be CJ.
however, he does have the luxury of getting CJ without downgrade his lineup, but that's what you get if you got top player on your bench.

however, it definitely make your team better.

you can always try counter offer for FJax instread of Bradshaw, however, very likely you are not the only team he proposed to, he probably proposed to every team that does not have good QB, and if you counter it, Brees might be gone and grabbed by other team

one league i have Brees/Newton/Fitzpatrick, and i send Brees offer to 3 teams and i am pretty sure it's a win/win offer.
and the team that take the trade has his QB upgrade from Kolb to Brees and downgrade from Rice to Wells
(it's Brees/Wells for Rice)

theoretically it doesn't hurt to counter it, but when it comes to mentality of trading, other team manager might focus on other team because he think you are greedy trader.

conclusion, take the trade.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 230)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby nhgent » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:31 am

Get Brees and Bradshaw. Nuff said.
nhgent
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Itchy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:35 am

I'd do it. Bree's is totally worth it in my opionion. Take a look at mine - I don't know how to post the link. thanks
Itchy Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions