Roethlisberger - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roethlisberger

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rothlisburger

Postby McDuff » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Just thought I would freshen this post up a bit 'specially after Big ole dumb Ben is trying to make me look like a genius instead of crazy and desperate!
Hope you all decided to trade for Ben last week.
McDuff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rothlisburger

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm only commenting on this thread to ask a mod to please edit the title to read "Roethlisberger." It is an eyesore to look at the butchery that has been allowed to persist on the front page for the past week.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roethlisberger

Postby McDuff » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Better now?
Jeesh. Didn't realize spelling was more important to Ben's kin than reading the actual posts.

I asssuumed eneryone who knew how to spell 'Roethlisberger' already made me a lowball trade offer weeks ago.
McDuff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Stevooo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:18 pm

Anyone can have one good week, there was Big Bens :-)
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby TaDa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:18 pm

I really like his matchups for the next few weeks. Do I trust him? Not really. Am I willing to take a lowball offer on him now? No.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:29 pm

I trust Big Ben in as much as I trust that the Stillers are going to have to throw a lot this season and he is their QB. It's not like he is a Josh Freeman who is struggling and we don't know what we have. Roethlisberger has a history in this league of being a very good QB in addition to being a very good FFB QB, who is tough as nails. As long as he starts, he is worthy of starting. When he is dead, then starting him may depend on the match up. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby TaDa » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:21 am

im still a little worried about the foot. I'm a worry wart though
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby McDuff » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:47 am

Yes but the injured foot is the basis of my entire theory on Ben!
With an injury he is forced to play smarter. Not taking away credit for his great playmaking ability on broken plays but I think he relies on that too much and if he would just concentrate his playmaking ability on making the PLANNED plays work that he could be a much better and consistently great QB.
McDuff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:56 am

McDuff wrote:Yes but the injured foot is the basis of my entire theory on Ben!
With an injury he is forced to play smarter. Not taking away credit for his great playmaking ability on broken plays but I think he relies on that too much and if he would just concentrate his playmaking ability on making the PLANNED plays work that he could be a much better and consistently great QB.

Agree 100%. How often does Ben actually throw the ball to the receiver while the receiver is running the designed route? Nearly every play is backyard football, and when he does try to hit a receiver on time, he doesn't seem to be as accurate. I call it Roethlisbergering when a QB does that (*cough*tebow*cough).

I also get sick of hearing all about his Oline being awful. It isn't great, but its at least average. Half the QBs in this league would probably love to have Ben's line. It's just they have to block for 4+ seconds on every single play. Not possible - they are going to let guys through. And Ben could help them out by hitting a hot read once in a while instead of scrambling around any time there is a free blitzer of a missed assignment. That's what the great QBs do.

Anyway, the foot injury should help Ben develop better habits, or he'll get himself killed in the process. Either way, I'd be happy.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby mattb47 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:01 pm

dgan wrote:
McDuff wrote:Yes but the injured foot is the basis of my entire theory on Ben!

Agree 100%. How often does Ben actually throw the ball to the receiver while the receiver is running the designed route? Nearly every play is backyard football, and when he does try to hit a receiver on time, he doesn't seem to be as accurate. I call it Roethlisbergering when a QB does that (*cough*tebow*cough).

I also get sick of hearing all about his Oline being awful. It isn't great, but its at least average. Half the QBs in this league would probably love to have Ben's line. It's just they have to block for 4+ seconds on every single play. Not possible - they are going to let guys through. And Ben could help them out by hitting a hot read once in a while instead of scrambling around any time there is a free blitzer of a missed assignment. That's what the great QBs do.

Anyway, the foot injury should help Ben develop better habits, or he'll get himself killed in the process. Either way, I'd be happy.

Sorry, but that's just plain not true. His offensive line is not average, they are TERRIBLE right now...partly because of so many injuries, but they are still not approaching average. Have you seen how many times teams rush just 3 or 4 guys and we somehow can't block them with 6? Have you seen how many times Ben drops back and has to instantly improvise because he's already under duress before he finishes his drop? Are some sacks because Ben is trying to do something extra? Sure, but he's a master at it and you take some of that bad for the great plays that have helped win us 2 Super Bowls with him and come close to a third.

I think Ben would be much more happy to have well over half the offensive line's in this league and not the other way around...it's also a bit harder to hit the hot read on a play when you not only have 1 weak spot in the line where people get through but knowing it can and does come from ANYWHERE because the whole offensive line is playing just awful. Even Pouncey isn't playing as well this year as he did last year and is making some pretty poor mistakes on an almost weekly basis right now. All in all, while Ben can take some of the blame, the offensive line is nowhere near even decent at this point with how they've played.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk