Reggie Bush's Value Going Forward - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Bush's Value Going Forward

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reggie Bush's Value Going Forward

Postby liono123 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:45 pm

I believe that Reggie Bush, though clearly unimpressive thus far this year outside of the fluke performance in week 1, will have considerable value in PPR leagues on a post-Henne Dolphins offense. Matt Moore or Sage Rosenfels are not going to air it out. They'll be doing a lot of hand-offs to Daniel Thomas and throwing it short to Reggie Bush on third downs. Bush will have to play the role of safety-valve as these QBs don't have the arms to carry the Fins through the air. I think they'll have a conservative offense (working toward the Andrew Luck sweepstakes) and Bush will play a key role in it.

Agree? Disagree? What do you think of Bush going forward?
12 Team $ (PPR + Return Yardage):
    QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton
    RB: Charles, Lynch, Martin, Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Rashad jennings, Joe McKnight, Leon Washington
    WR/TE: Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn
    K: Bryant
    DST: Bills
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Reggie Bush's Value Going Forward

Postby mattb47 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:55 pm

I think his value could get better especially if they are smart and start actually finding good ways to use him like it sounds like they are. Trying to use him as a between the tackles runner like they were early on was bordering on idiotic, but now that they've realized that Thomas is a better runner in that role but still want to get Bush involved, they might use him like he should have been used the whole time and his impact should rise in the offense. Swapping out Henne for a QB with a weaker arm will only help things further I think.

I think he still only really has value in PPR leagues but I do think his outlook is more positive than it was early in the year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GoodOl'Days » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Disagree. The type of role your talking about Bush having only produces desirable numbers in a high output offense. You want Miami to get smart and find ways to use him, but they haven't and you have to ask yourself if you truly believe Sparano and his coaches are capable. I think he's focused on more essential accepts of keeping his job and how to prevent his noob qb from destroying the teams chances of winning, not the finer points of how to use a Darren Sproles wanna-be.

I dropped Bush for Wesley Woodyard in an IDP league to cover the by week and will fall back on David Hawthorne if WW gets pushed out by DJ Williams,
GoodOl'Days
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mattb47 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:07 pm

GoodOl'Days wrote:Disagree. The type of role your talking about Bush having only produces desirable numbers in a high output offense. You want Miami to get smart and find ways to use him, but they haven't and you have to ask yourself if you truly believe Sparano and his coaches are capable. I think he's focused on more essential accepts of keeping his job and how to prevent his noob qb from destroying the teams chances of winning, not the finer points of how to use a Darren Sproles wanna-be.

I dropped Bush for Wesley Woodyard in an IDP league to cover the by week and will fall back on David Hawthorne if WW gets pushed out by DJ Williams,

Which is why his value is only there in a PPR league because of the receptions he's bound to get in his new role. If he was on a more prolific offense then he would have value in any system but on the Dolphins offense I think he'll see an upgrade in the way he's used to more of his strengths but he still will only have value in a PPR league.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GoodOl'Days » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:54 pm

mattb47 wrote:
GoodOl'Days wrote:Disagree. The type of role your talking about Bush having only produces desirable numbers in a high output offense. You want Miami to get smart and find ways to use him, but they haven't and you have to ask yourself if you truly believe Sparano and his coaches are capable. I think he's focused on more essential accepts of keeping his job and how to prevent his noob qb from destroying the teams chances of winning, not the finer points of how to use a Darren Sproles wanna-be.

Which is why his value is only there in a PPR league because of the receptions he's bound to get in his new role. If he was on a more prolific offense then he would have value in any system but on the Dolphins offense I think he'll see an upgrade in the way he's used to more of his strengths but he still will only have value in a PPR league.

I only play PPR. I still don't believe he's a guy you want starting on a PPR league, unless you've gone extremely heavy at few positions and shoot for lucky outputs from extraneous positions.
GoodOl'Days
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mattb47 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:06 am

GoodOl'Days wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

I only play PPR. I still don't believe he's a guy you want starting on a PPR league, unless you've gone extremely heavy at few positions and shoot for lucky outputs from extraneous positions.

Where did I say he should be starting for your PPR team? I'm not talking about him like he's a top 15 player or something...I said he only has value in a PPR league where you'd want him on your team at all, if I'm in a non-PPR (which I am in 1 league) he wouldn't even be worth a roster spot to me (and he's currently not on anyone's roster in that one) but he's a decent bye week filler if you need him in PPR and could have decent value if they use him properly.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GoodOl'Days » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:04 pm

mattb47 wrote:
GoodOl'Days wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

Where did I say he should be starting for your PPR team? I'm not talking about him like he's a top 15 player or something...I said he only has value in a PPR league where you'd want him on your team at all, if I'm in a non-PPR (which I am in 1 league) he wouldn't even be worth a roster spot to me (and he's currently not on anyone's roster in that one) but he's a decent bye week filler if you need him in PPR and could have decent value if they use him properly.

That's pretty confusing talk coming from a "regular and an expert". Out of one side of your mouth you tout his value, then the other side says he's not worth a roster spot. Nice one.
GoodOl'Days
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mattb47 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:25 pm

GoodOl'Days wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
GoodOl'Days wrote:

That's pretty confusing talk coming from a "regular and an expert". Out of one side of your mouth you tout his value, then the other side says he's not worth a roster spot. Nice one.

Seriously? That's what you got from what I said? I said pretty clearly that in a NON-PPR league he probably doesn't have much value and maybe isn't even worth a roster spot but in a PPR league he does have some value. Pretty cut and dry there...not sure where you're getting that or why you're responding now after all this time... :-?

It seems as though you're trying to make me look ridiculous but to all those who can actually read, it's pretty obvious that the ridiculous one here is you... :-B
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:34 pm

mattb47 wrote:
GoodOl'Days wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

Seriously? That's what you got from what I said? I said pretty clearly that in a NON-PPR league he probably doesn't have much value and maybe isn't even worth a roster spot but in a PPR league he does have some value. Pretty cut and dry there...not sure where you're getting that or why you're responding now after all this time... :-?

It seems as though you're trying to make me look ridiculous but to all those who can actually read, it's pretty obvious that the ridiculous one here is you... :-B

I think it's pretty clear what you said. He has no value in a non-ppr and has value in a ppr, to simplify it. Matt made it pretty clear that he was talking about value in two different leagues.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby rotoquest » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 am

At a point in the season where many rosters are dinged up by injuries and inconsistent performances, Bush is showing more value than people are giving him credit for. Most people are wincing upon hearing his name and/or giving him zero value. However, I think he is a good flex position play whether ppr or non-ppr. They have found a way to get him the ball and he is producing.
rotoquest
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk